Hi, I'm looking for some reputable shops that might be able to repair the LG G3. The problem with it is that it flashes a random message saying the SIM card cannot be found, and then reboots. After a reboot it may still give me the message, or it may be resolved. I'm not sure if it's the SIM card reader - a repairman I talked to said that it could be some other hardware issue. I live in San Diego, but no one has the tools to work on the phone.

Please let me know if you know of a place! Thank you
    03-14-2017 03:35 AM
    Welcome to the forums! I would Google if there are any cellular repair shops in your area - in malls or even at a Best Buy. You can always send it to LG for them to take a look at it.
    03-14-2017 09:07 PM
    Hi, thanks for the response. Unfortunately, no shops in San Diego have the ability to work on this problem.

I cannot send it into LG because LG, according to their website at least, requires proof of purchase and date of purchase. I no longer have the receipt. Might be able to contact T-mobile and hope they have the receipt, but I'd like to explore indie repair options too.

Thanks again
    03-14-2017 10:11 PM
    Hi, thanks for the response. Unfortunately, no shops in San Diego have the ability to work on this problem.

I cannot send it into LG because LG, according to their website at least, requires proof of purchase and date of purchase. I no longer have the receipt. Might be able to contact T-mobile and hope they have the receipt, but I'd like to explore indie repair options too.

Thanks again
    Oh okay, I see what you're saying. Hmm, perhaps T-Mobile would have record of that - how old is the phone? Would showing your contract with T-Mobile/your G3 via picture/email/etc be sufficient for LG? That would still show your purchase and your signature.
    03-15-2017 11:59 AM