So my LG G3 phone has been flickering and fading and going black and became nearly unusable today(been happening a few days) I owed a balnce on it and couldnt trade it in without working properly. So I paid it off, got a new phone, and took both phones home. Old one works just fine now!!
    So I've read other threads and have seen plenty of ideas on how to fix the screen, none work. What I want to know is, what has changed in my phone that it works now? Is it a SIM card issue after all? Why did the screen problem stop after the phone service was switched to a new phone?
    03-19-2017 07:20 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's hard to say at this point -- it could just be coincidence that the flickering stopped, and perhaps it might start again in a few days if you were to continue using it. Or perhaps the process of swapping the SIM card made you apply pressure somewhere on the phone, and that temporarily improved some loose connection somewhere.
    03-20-2017 02:16 AM
    That was my question, I posted it before I registered...Thank you for the response. I'll keep using it awhile with other apps and see if the problem comes back. I had to pay almost $200 in balance, taxes for the new phone and other fees. I was really hoping to use my LG G3 after it was paid for. Seems like something that cost $400+ should last more than two years. I'm convinced they are designed to fail. Does anyone still have a G3 that still works?
    03-20-2017 08:19 AM
    Does anyone still have a G3 that still works?
    Oh my word yes. My D-855, unlocked, has not only given no trouble since I bought it in about June 2014, but there was also a certain point at which it started working faster. I can't recall when that was, nor do I know why, but since then it has remained much faster than in the earlier months of use.
    03-21-2017 05:50 PM
    That was my question, I posted it before I registered...Thank you for the response. I'll keep using it awhile with other apps and see if the problem comes back. I had to pay almost $200 in balance, taxes for the new phone and other fees. I was really hoping to use my LG G3 after it was paid for. Seems like something that cost $400+ should last more than two years. I'm convinced they are designed to fail. Does anyone still have a G3 that still works?
    I have a G3 that worked well for me for about 13-14 months - the battery was failing and there were some minor glitches/age issues with it; but the battery/charging issues were my main reasons for switching.

How are you liking your new phone?
    03-21-2017 06:30 PM
    Oh my word yes. My D-855, unlocked, has not only given no trouble since I bought it in about June 2014, but there was also a certain point at which it started working faster. I can't recall when that was, nor do I know why, but since then it has remained much faster than in the earlier months of use.
    Maybe you're just slowing down. Zing!
    belodion likes this.
    03-21-2017 10:53 PM
    Maybe you're just slowing down. Zing!
    That is certainly true, but I still wonder about why the phone did that. To the best of my knowledge, it was not coincident with any firmware or other update, did not start after I'd installed or uninstalled anything, nor after changing any settings, and it occurred suddenly. Welcome, but baffling.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-22-2017 06:22 AM