After Soundabout fix, calls keep on dropping, but only on my end.

teejayok

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I recently bought a G3 and ran into the headphone jack bug. I replaced the jack with a new one, but even after that, when making a phone call, I could not hear the person on the other end of the call, and they could not hear me, unless I was on the speakerphone.
I bought Soundabout and that allowed me to make calls, and be heard by the other person.
But, after a short time on a call, I am disconnected from the call, just like it was dropped.
But if I go to my call log, and call that number again, they are still on the line.
They don't even know I've been away, they just thought that I had stopped speaking.
Has anyone had this happen to them?
I have to head to work, so I won't be able to respond for awhile, but thank you very much for your help with this!
Riggz

teejayok

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
While at work I uninstalled the Dialer One program I had been using, and installed Contacts Phone Dialer: drupe from Google Play. The dropping out did not happen on the one call I was able to make, and they could hear me just fine.
I am not saying anything against the Dialer One program. It worked very well until the Headphone jack issue, and was not clean installed after the factory reset, I just restored it from a backup, so that might have affected the app somehow.
I will do some more calls tomorrow, and see if the dropping out is really gone, or simply become intermittent.
I'll keep you posted on my results.

teejayok

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
It would seem that the Soundabout app, when added to either a reinstallation (not an Imported backup), of the original Dialer app, or the installation of a new/different one did the trick.
I have made a few calls today and did not experience any issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21