Afternoon all, I guess to be more specific it is barely starting it's boot

It's been working fine as of late as I used it for navigation, texting, phone call all yesterday without issue. Charged it in the car as it was down to 20%

Got home and continued charging with a new charger & cable, worked for a few minutes and randomly rebooted which it's done before in general. Turned it back on and it got to the LG "Powered by Android" initial screen and then turned back off. Attempting to turn it back on now does nothing

When I remove the battery it'll go through the same process again and won't even initially turn back on till I remove the battery again. Can't get past that screen

Any idea what this could be? It is under warranty if needed

Thank you!
    06-02-2017 12:31 PM
    Strange that it would be working fine then just about die, but the random rebooting you said has been going on isn't good. Is there any chance the phone received an update and is trying to recover from that? It sounds like you've done everything right, the battery pull not fixing is a bad point though, and I think at this point I'd try a factory reset if you can. Very glad its still under warranty cuz I think you're gonna need that.

Report back how it goes, and good luck.
    06-02-2017 12:37 PM
    Hey PJ, thank you for getting back to me so promptly. To go more into detail I had other previous issues I've been able to get around.

Several months ago there was a Verizon update I downloaded and installed. Had no issues prior but about a day or so after it started having continual SD mounting and unmounting issues so I removed the card. Didn't want it to lose the data either.

The bigger issue was it randomly detecting and then not finding the SIM. It would only do this randomly on a reboot or when I switched batteries. Went to Verizon and had a new one put in which fixed the issue short term but eventually became as common as it was prior to the replacement. I was finally able to minimize this by using alcholol wipes to clean the SIM and it's slot but even then sometimes it wouldn't find it.

Few days ago for example it didn't work, but then I rebooted it again and then it found the SIM.

Other then that there were no issues until yesterday. Random reboots have been rare in themselves but not continuing the start up process is a big issue. How do I get to a factory reset if I can't get it to the main screen?
    06-02-2017 12:50 PM
    How do I get to a factory reset if I can't get it to the main screen?
    I think you've been seeing precursors to failure for a while, the SD card issue is fairly common but constant SIM card lose and reboot is not. A factory reset is done from power off and "may" let you bypass whatever is causing the phone to fail. I don't know the factory reset key sequence but it should be easy to find online from a Google search on in your documentation. Really though, I think you've got a fatal hardware failure.
    06-02-2017 12:59 PM
    Good thing I took that insurance out then for sure!

I bought it "like new" off Swappa. Thought about the Pixel, G6 and others but nothing really stood out to me. Got this with a year's insurance for some breathing room.

Definitely be bringing it to a local shop and see what I can do about getting a new phone then and having insurance cover it.
    06-02-2017 01:10 PM
    That sounds like your best bet I think. Best of luck!
    06-02-2017 01:36 PM