LG G3 Blue screen of death fixed it's self?!!

umbreonsenpai

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys I had an LG G3 a few months ago that randomly got the BSOD while I was sending somebody a text. I tried everything that I could except for the oven trick and nothing would work.
Anyways my last phone got completely soft bricked and flashing it didn't fix it so I tried to check on my G3 to see if I could do something. I was surprised to see that the phone worked and I even pinched my self to see if I was dreaming.

The reason for this post is that I would like to know what are the chances of it getting the BSOD again and what can I do to prevent it.

- Thanks

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting back that the G3 is back among the living. Not knowing what happened then, or what you did, or why it came back, it would really be impossible to guess what may happen in the future.

umbreonsenpai

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for posting back that the G3 is back among the living. Not knowing what happened then, or what you did, or why it came back, it would really be impossible to guess what may happen in the future.

Thanks for that information. I guess that time healed my phone :), somehow.
Is there some sort of app or a program that would allow me to check the health of my phone? I just want to see if it has a problem so that I could keep it alive until I can save up money to buy another one.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So glad your G3 is okay again! How old is it? If it's had a long life and has had other issues prior to this, I'd say there's a good chance of some kind of issue - not necessarily the BSOD - occurring in the future. Do you have all of your important information backed up?

umbreonsenpai

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
So glad your G3 is okay again! How old is it? If it's had a long life and has had other issues prior to this, I'd say there's a good chance of some kind of issue - not necessarily the BSOD - occurring in the future. Do you have all of your important information backed up?

I'm assuming that it might be 2 years old because I bought it used and the warranty expired on July 15 2015. It already restarted on me twice tho so I dont expect it to live for a long time before it boot loops again with the blue screen. I just hope that I could get my S7 fixed on time before it does that.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming that it might be 2 years old because I bought it used and the warranty expired on July 15 2015. It already restarted on me twice tho so I dont expect it to live for a long time before it boot loops again with the blue screen. I just hope that I could get my S7 fixed on time before it does that.

I understand what you're saying! Hopefully your S7 will be ready to go before then! Do you have an idea of when it will be ready for you?

umbreonsenpai

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
I understand what you're saying! Hopefully your S7 will be ready to go before then! Do you have an idea of when it will be ready for you?

I'm sending it to the repair shop tomorrow. It should be ready in 1 or 2 days if it isn't a faulty motherboard. I suspect that it might be that all though the phone didn't sustain any physical damage. It soft bricked because the guy that unlocked it for me rooted it to unlock it. It was fine for a couple of days and I didn't even use it or download anything on it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm sending it to the repair shop tomorrow. It should be ready in 1 or 2 days if it isn't a faulty motherboard. I suspect that it might be that all though the phone didn't sustain any physical damage. It soft bricked because the guy that unlocked it for me rooted it to unlock it. It was fine for a couple of days and I didn't even use it or download anything on it.

Did you bring your phone in? Hope it will be fixed soon for you!