LG G3 wifi connected no internet.

A

AC Question

So all the forums I've read with this issue seems to gravitate towards the router being the issue. I can assure you my lg g3 is the problem even after a full restore. Every wifi I connect to ends up with the same result, shows connected but no internet.
Once and while after a reboot it may work briefly then back to no internet. So do I use my phone to shim my kitchen table or is there a post that addresses the PHONE being the problem instead of the router.
Very frustrated please help😯

Gerry McBurney

Aug 4, 2017
Visit site
Sorry I have been away but when I put it in safe mode it seemed to work on the wifi ok.
I have not done any extensive testing because the woods have no wifi. I will try again when home.
So can I assume it's probably an app causing the issue ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep, if it works in Safe Mode, and then you boot back into normal mode and the wi-fi stops working, then something you installed is causing the problem. Do you have any 3rd party battery-saver apps installed?

Petergun87

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
i found similar issue for this after lollipop update...wifi was totally fine on kitkat...my solution is go to playstore n download DNSet change dns without root....fixes mine

Gerry McBurney

Aug 4, 2017
Visit site
I tried the remove battery, sim card and SD then push power button for at least 15 seconds and it improved quite a bit.
I have tried that DNS app and no improvement at all.
No I do not have any 3rd party battery apps installed.
New phone in November as contract is up. Hopefully this will get me there.
Like the LG G3. Does anyone have a recommendation for a phone that has great battery life ???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My wife has a Moto G5 Plus, and loves the battery life (after trading in her Note5) -- it often lasts well into a 2nd day on one charge. The performance is quite good, despite the "budget" classification -- it's much closer to a really good midrange phone.

Gerry McBurney

Aug 4, 2017
Visit site
So that wifi trick worked good in the begining but it to becomes plagued with glitches. The phone has many gremlins. Mow the eifi just connects, disconnects, connects and disconnects all on its own.
And why is my android os consuming so much data. Oy!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair