LG G3 bricked for no reason.

A

AC Question

As of 2017-8-11 my phone was not reading the sim card correctly. I ignored it and was going to buy a new one soon. Then on 2017-8-13, I go to open Youtube and I get a blue screen. Against my better judgment, a friend recommends I pull out the battery and put it back in. The device is now completely unresponsive, not even responding to a hard reset. I have charged it for a while with and without battery and I have no idea how to fix this problem. An answer as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, don't please bump threads sooner than 24 hours after the last post to the thread. This isn't a paid, watched site. We're all just users like you are, but some of us have more experience with, or more knowledge of cellphones than you do.

Second, can you get the phone into download mode? If you can, try to reflash the ROM. (You'll lose all your data and all your downloaded apps, but you've probably already lost them.)

If it won't even start in download mode, you probably have a bad motherboard, and since good used G3s go for under $100 (swappa.com), it probably wouldn't pay to repair it, because a replacement would be cheaper. (Replacing the motherboard also loses anything you've done to the phone since you bought it.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49