Morph247

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Well when I put my hand over the camera area with old battery. It's hot all the time. With these. Feels cooler.

I am using accubattery app.

lugelo

May 11, 2020
Visit site
Still got a fully functioning LG G2 :) Purchased it about 7 years ago. As expected, battery a little drained, but otherwise it works great!

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Still got a fully functioning LG G2 :) Purchased it about 7 years ago. As expected, battery a little drained, but otherwise it works great!
Nice, still alot of custom Roms you can install on that device. Just upgraded my 5 year old tablet to a custom one couldn't be happier with the improved battery life and performance. Just have to make sure you read everything carefully and ensure you can flash the appropriate files to the phone.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/development

Morph247

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Any ideas why the phone would just randomly shut itself off and I have to physically remove the battery and put it back in and start it up?

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Any ideas why the phone would just randomly shut itself off and I have to physically remove the battery and put it back in and start it up?
Could be a variety of things , try clearing cache and or a factory format after a backup of your valuable data.

That's the easiest way to potentially fix this issue.

It could also be a hardware issue that will only get worse over time.

Last edited:

Morph247

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Yeah it's not doing it all.the time. I did notice it was doing it with a particular app. So I stopped battery optimization and haven't noticed it yet.

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it's not doing it all.the time. I did notice it was doing it with a particular app. So I stopped battery optimization and haven't noticed it yet.
Got it, then if it's just that application I would limit use or uninstall altogether.

Rouge apps can cause system restarts.

scjjtt

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Battery old or new is horrible on the LG G4, you shouldn't buy anymore accessories for that phone and just update to a newer one. Online has really good deals on the V35 and V40 models right now if you are looking to pay $ 399 and below.

Personally I would go with OnePlus if it's within your budget.
Well I bought the Moto G Stylus yesterday. It's a great value for $299. Best Buy has it for $149 you activate with them. I've been looking at it for quite some time. My wife still has her LG v10 & of course I now have a v10 backup & 2 LG G4 for backups.

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Well I bought the Moto G Stylus yesterday. It's a great value for $299. Best Buy has it for $149 you activate with them. I've been looking at it for quite some time. My wife still has her LG v10 & of course I now have a v10 backup & 2 LG G4 for backups.
Awesome deal, my wife has the Pixel 3A XL and it's about the same Snapdragon processor. She had never once complained about the phone, which is out of character for her

I've had great success with Motorola phones in the past, only one that has hasn't turned out well is a Best Buy bought Motorola Moto Z2 Play only lasted 1 year 1 month before it started boot looping for no reason.

Honestly my wife's 3A XL performs on par with my Pixel 2 XL running a Snapdragon 835.

Mr Mobile just made a video about the exact same phone:
https://youtu.be/15xR7c0GHQg

Last edited:

scjjtt

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Awesome deal, my wife has the Pixel 3A XL and it's about the same Snapdragon processor. She had never once complained about the phone, which is out of character for her

I've had great success with Motorola phones in the past, only one that has hasn't turned out well is a Best Buy bought Motorola Moto Z2 Play only lasted 1 year 1 month before it started boot looping for no reason.

Honestly my wife's 3A XL performs on par with my Pixel 2 XL running a Snapdragon 835.

Mr Mobile just made a video about the exact same phone:
https://youtu.be/15xR7c0GHQg
Well he doesn't recommend the phone but I like it at the $299 price - I'm not switching to Verizon to get it at $149.

This was the first video I watched with this phone. The stereo speakers are fantastic.

Besides the stylus, I wanted external memory (up to 512g) & a head phone jack - though I hardly use it - I have B.T. headphones at my work & home desk.

Plus 128g internal memory for $299 - I'm happy! Yeah I wish the camera was like the Pixel 3's through 4's - but you can load Google's camera app on this phone & almost be there. I'll send a link later.

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Well he doesn't recommend the phone but I like it at the $299 price - I'm not switching to Verizon to get it at $149.

This was the first video I watched with this phone. The stereo speakers are fantastic.

Besides the stylus, I wanted external memory (up to 512g) & a head phone jack - though I hardly use it - I have B.T. headphones at my work & home desk.

Plus 128g internal memory for $299 - I'm happy! Yeah I wish the camera was like the Pixel 3's through 4's - but you can load Google's camera app on this phone & almost be there. I'll send a link later.
Yeah it's really not a bad phone, sometimes these reviewers are too picky about devices since they review so many throughout the year.

Way more positive than negative for your device that's for sure.

As long as you are happy with it that's all that matters.

Loved my Z2 Play when fully working and Motorola DROID RAZR HD.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci