04-11-2015 11:39 PM
    if the 3000 mAh removable battery and SD card rumors are true, which looks like they are, this will be my next ... glad i held out on the s6
    04-11-2015 11:44 PM
    Don't really like the leather back, but its not a big deal since its just an option. Everything else looks good. Will be my next phone as long as battery life is better than G3.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12
    04-11-2015 11:46 PM
    just realized alex did an article on this a few hours ago! sorry

amazing how the past few years android users have done a complete 180 over aesthetics ... there's so many options, so naturally we can afford to be picky, and no phone is gonna satisfy 100% of the people, i get it. but geez, i remember android users killed iphone fans and now they nitpick every single detail.

one dude on alex's post literally stated he'd be "all over it" if it had black leather. literally a second later he edits the post and says he sees it has black leather. then says since it doesn't have a front speaker he's not getting it. if that doesn't epitomize what many android users have turned into i don't know what does!!
    04-12-2015 12:28 AM
    You do realize that is an option? The info that came out also said it was 4.4.2 running with a 13mp camera. so i don't give this info much credibility.
    04-12-2015 08:43 PM
    You do realize that is an option? The info that came out also said it was 4.4.2 running with a 13mp camera. so i don't give this info much credibility.
    what's an option?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-12-2015 10:06 PM
    Hopefully there will be a good bumper option that will give decent drop protection while leaving the leather exposed...
    oldschoolsig likes this.
    04-12-2015 10:09 PM
    Just wondering if you get the leather cover added with the curved screen. Do you need a phone cover, or are they making it so a cover is not needed? I know the touch screen may need a cover, but the phone in general is what I'm referring to. Might be nice to have a phone without a cover for the first time. I wouldn't mind a very slightly thicker size if a cover is not needed.
    04-25-2015 08:12 PM
    Just wondering if you get the leather cover added with the curved screen. Do you need a phone cover, or are they making it so a cover is not needed? I know the touch screen may need a cover, but the phone in general is what I'm referring to. Might be nice to have a phone without a cover for the first time. I wouldn't mind a very slightly thicker size if a cover is not needed.
    If you take care of it,it will last.If you don't ,it won't.

Leather isn't a otter box or sedeio case so don't expect the same protection from it.

I plan on getting both the leather and a plastic back.I'll use the leather for going out and business and have the plastic for rougher environments.

Good leather needs taking care of to make it last,just like a good leather jacket or good leather shoes.

SactoKingsFan likes this.
    04-25-2015 10:48 PM
    If you take care of it,it will last.If you don't ,it won't.

Leather isn't a otter box or sedeio case so don't expect the same protection from it.

I plan on getting both the leather and a plastic back.I'll use the leather for going out and business and have the plastic for rougher environments.

Good leather needs taking care of to make it last,just like a good leather jacket or good leather shoes.

i need 2 phones this year to replace my nexus 4 and S4, def leaning towards one of them being the G4. the battery is just to small on the S6 (not worried about the first few months, i plan on keeping 3 years and i'm not paying $800 for a phone with a battery that small). i'll choose b/t the note 5 and nexus 2015 for my personal phone. moto x 3rd gen gets a decent camera and much better battery and i'll find space for that too ...

i'll have to check out the phone in person before choosing the leather vs plastic. i can care less what the plastic looks like cause it'll have a case on it if i choose that route. if i go leather, it'll be my work phone so it pretty much just sits on a desk all day. really anxious to see it in person and hope the battery doesn't disappoint.
    04-25-2015 11:40 PM
    Looking forward to seeing the official reveal. Wonder what colours the actual handset will be and not just the removeable back.
    04-26-2015 09:10 AM
    Based on the leaks, the front will be black with subtle weave pattern and the removable plastic back will come in metallic black, silk white and shine gold. There will also be a bunch of leather options (black, tan, maroon, baby blue).

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12
    jsammut87 likes this.
    04-26-2015 01:34 PM
    Awesome Surely the black, white and gold plastic will come matching front colour too? Anyways thanks for the reply. Looking forward to it. Upgrading from my S4
    04-26-2015 02:55 PM
    i need 2 phones this year to replace my nexus 4 and S4, def leaning towards one of them being the G4. the battery is just to small on the S6 (not worried about the first few months, i plan on keeping 3 years and i'm not paying $800 for a phone with a battery that small). i'll choose b/t the note 5 and nexus 2015 for my personal phone. moto x 3rd gen gets a decent camera and much better battery and i'll find space for that too ...

i'll have to check out the phone in person before choosing the leather vs plastic. i can care less what the plastic looks like cause it'll have a case on it if i choose that route. if i go leather, it'll be my work phone so it pretty much just sits on a desk all day. really anxious to see it in person and hope the battery doesn't disappoint.
    I'm in the same boat. One for me(m8 now) and one for my wife(m7)

My wife wants one the same size as her m7 so the g4 is out.

04-26-2015 08:29 PM
    Leather option is nice for those interested in that, but at a higher cost I would probably pass and stick with a normal backing.
    04-27-2015 03:10 PM
    Leather option is nice for those interested in that, but at a higher cost I would probably pass and stick with a normal backing.

My wife wants one the same size as her m7 so the g4 is out
    I came from a HTC One M7 over to the G3.. It was an initial shock the bump in size but I quickly adjusted and its very comfortable now.
    MDMcAtee likes this.
    04-27-2015 03:11 PM

I came from a HTC One M7 over to the G3.. It was an initial shock the bump in size but I quickly adjusted and its very comfortable now.
    I don't know if I could convince her getting a bigger phone than her m7. She's pretty adamant about the keeping the same size since it fits her pursues, but she does like the looks of the red leather one... Will have to wait until they are out

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8
    04-27-2015 05:31 PM