will the G4's LCD screen look better or worse than the Samsung Galaxy S6 AMOLED screen?

most people probably don't buy phones just based on what the screen looks like... Unfortunately, I do.

I know LCD and AMOLED are inherently different technologies....
    04-13-2015 02:42 PM
    Wait a few weeks and you'll have an answer to your question.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12
    jbjtkbw007 likes this.
    04-13-2015 03:06 PM
    AMOLED screen is one of the major thing that got me to my note 3.

I had HTC one x, as much as its lcd screen was highly praised at the time, I just find AMOLED 's true black irresistible. The possibility of extending battery life with an AMOLED screen is also such a fun feature to explore.
    04-13-2015 06:16 PM
    LCD has a more natural look.
    AMOLED has a more saturated look.

G4 is suppose to be in the middle.
    04-14-2015 10:17 AM

That's a very diplomatic answer.

How does the iPhone 6 Plus screen into all this?
    04-14-2015 01:37 PM

That's an old idea, AMOLED now produces more accurate color than many lcd, check displaymate.com.
    04-15-2015 04:56 AM
    That's an old idea, AMOLED now produces more accurate color than many lcd, check displaymate.com.
    Either way Quantum Dot displays are supposed to bridge the gap between LCD and Amoled displays. Amoled will never get rid of its downfalls and LCD won't either so combining their positives and leaving out some of their weaknesses is the best route.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-15-2015 09:24 AM
    Either way Quantum Dot displays are supposed to bridge the gap between LCD and Amoled displays. Amoled will never get rid of its downfalls and LCD won't either so combining their positives and leaving out some of their weaknesses is the best route.

when can I get a smartphone with holographic display?

by the way, does anybody know what kind of display is used in the current iPhone 6 Plus?
    Is it just a regular IPS LCD screen?

Thanks!
    04-15-2015 04:25 PM

We shall see, too many new names that don't mean a lot. Who knows, maybe LG has something up its sleeves.
    04-15-2015 04:49 PM
    We shall see, too many new names that don't mean a lot. Who knows, maybe LG has something up its sleeves.
    LG's own statement pretty much sums it up. Quantum LCD is worse than OLED.

(start from 1:34)
    04-15-2015 05:31 PM
    LG's own statement pretty much sums it up. Quantum LCD is worse than OLED.

(start from 1:34)
    He says that OLED is the future of screen technology he doesn't say it's as of right now better in comparison. There's a difference. Either way like I said it's bridging the gap between LCD and Amoled.

04-18-2015 09:22 AM
    He says that OLED is the future of screen technology he doesn't say it's as of right now better in comparison. There's a difference. Either way like I said it's bridging the gap between LCD and Amoled.

04-18-2015 09:23 AM

OLED has one fatal flaw... at least on Samsung phones with AMOLED screens.

I've owned many Samsung phones. Since I NEVER trade or sell them,
    I still have all of them dating back several years.

All of the(Fascinate S, Galaxy Nexus, S3, S4, Note 2, Note 3, S5, now Note 4)
    have significant screen degradation. It's probably because I keep them at 100%
    brightness most of the time.(working outdoors, so no choice but to use 100%
    brightness) All of the AMOLED screens eventually yellows or lose color vibrancy...
    worse still... the Note 3 has severe burn-in of the notification menu that would not
    go away no matter what.
    04-18-2015 06:44 PM
    Personally prefer LCD screens over amoled ones. Even though the S6 screen is great, love the screen on my iPhone 6, M9 personally. But that is just preference since the S6 has a great screen but not my personal favorite.
    richard_rsp likes this.
    04-18-2015 11:28 PM
    OLED has one fatal flaw... at least on Samsung phones with AMOLED screens.

I've owned many Samsung phones. Since I NEVER trade or sell them,
    I still have all of them dating back several years.

All of the(Fascinate S, Galaxy Nexus, S3, S4, Note 2, Note 3, S5, now Note 4)
    have significant screen degradation. It's probably because I keep them at 100%
    brightness most of the time.(working outdoors, so no choice but to use 100%
    brightness) All of the AMOLED screens eventually yellows or lose color vibrancy...
    worse still... the Note 3 has severe burn-in of the notification menu that would not
    go away no matter what.
    Well that and pentile but that's Samsung's decision.

04-22-2015 09:38 AM
    I am new to these posts (and android - recent convert from BlackBerry), so please forgive my perplexion. Why are all of these l posts about the future release of the G4? I have been using my G4 for almost a month. To be honest with you, the phone is good; however, not that great. It tends to freeze a lot, and the memory (ram) seems to get used up very quickly.

04-22-2015 09:50 AM
    I am new to these posts (and android - recent convert from BlackBerry), so please forgive my perplexion. Why are all of these l posts about the future release of the G4? I have been using my G4 for almost a month. To be honest with you, the phone is good; however, not that great. It tends to freeze a lot, and the memory (ram) seems to get used up very quickly.

The LG G4 hasn't been released yet and they haven't even had the press event which is scheduled for April 28th.
    MDMcAtee likes this.
    04-22-2015 03:33 PM

I am now perplexed as well because you definitely don't have an LG G4.
    04-23-2015 11:01 AM
    LG Display have owns IPS mean In-Plane Switching panels so im sure LG and IPS Display and Quantum Dots hooked and filled sleeved.

04-29-2015 11:24 AM