04-18-2015 07:14 PM
36 12
tools
    I have just returned the Galaxy S6 this morning to the Verizon store.
    The number one reason is lack of MicroSD card slot and removable
    battery.

On my three current Galaxy phones(S5, Note 3, Note 4), I have
    Sandisk 128gb MicroSDXC cards in all three of them and I still
    manage to fill the 128gb cards to 99% capacity.

The S6, with only 64gb(128gb seemed too expensive to me), was
    a no-go.

The battery also lasted less than 9 to 11 hours. (starting from 100%
    at 7AM, it couldn't last a full work day) The S6 literally became the
    wallhugger that Samsung users laughed at in Samsung TV commercials.

Oh well... there isn't that many options. The Note 5 is still 5 to 6 months
    away. So my only logical option is the G4, which should be available for
    purchase withing the next few weeks.

Anybody else in the same situation?
    04-16-2015 10:36 AM
    I have just returned the Galaxy S6 this morning to the Verizon store.
    The number one reason is lack of MicroSD card slot and removable
    battery.

On my three current Galaxy phones(S5, Note 3, Note 4), I have
    Sandisk 128gb MicroSDXC cards in all three of them and I still
    manage to fill the 128gb cards to 99% capacity.

The S6, with only 64gb(128gb seemed too expensive to me), was
    a no-go.

The battery also lasted less than 9 to 11 hours. (starting from 100%
    at 7AM, it couldn't last a full work day) The S6 literally became the
    wallhugger that Samsung users laughed at in Samsung TV commercials.

Oh well... there isn't that many options. The Note 5 is still 5 to 6 months
    away. So my only logical option is the G4, which should be available for
    purchase withing the next few weeks.

Anybody else in the same situation?
    Just wondering, if you already knew it wasn't going to suit your needs, then why did you get it?
    UJ95x, Aquila, natrixgli and 2 others like this.
    04-16-2015 10:41 AM
    Just wondering, if you already knew it wasn't going to suit your needs, then why did you get it?
    because Samusng said the new S6 was the greatest phone ever in their TV commercials?

just thought I give it a try to see if I could really live with a phone without non-removable battery.

although I already knew that last year when I was trying the iPhone 6 Plus for a week.
    04-16-2015 10:45 AM
    I want a G4 to play with, but a removable battery and microSD card slot are not features I want. So, same situation but not the same?
    Kevin OQuinn and UJ95x like this.
    04-16-2015 10:47 AM
    I am just curious .. what do you carry on your phone that is 128 GB worth?
    04-16-2015 10:54 AM
    I want a G4 to play with, but a removable battery and microSD card slot are not features I want. So, same situation but not the same?
    Same-same, but ​different
    Aquila likes this.
    04-16-2015 10:56 AM
    I am just curious .. what do you carry on your phone that is 128 GB worth?
    at least 80% of the places that I travel have no cell phone signal from Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile. (mostly on the East Coast0

I also fly about 120k miles a year... mostly on TATL and TPAC flights, so no way to stream music or videos... or access files over the cloud.

otherwise, I couldn't care less about having MicroSD card slots. (the OTG USB option is just too silly and inconvenient)
    04-16-2015 11:17 AM
    Same-same, but ​different
    in the same way iPhones and Android phones are the same, but different.
    04-16-2015 11:18 AM
    The SD card and removable battery (and availability of an Otterbox Defender case) are so important to me that even if Samsung didn't lock the bootloader on AT&T phones, the S6 wouldn't be on my "if there's nothing else" list, let alone on my "try one and see" list. I'd rather use a feature phone than have to disassemble the phone to replace the battery.
    TENYKS likes this.
    04-16-2015 01:42 PM
    I don't think you're gonna top your note 4 until the 5 comes out ... assuming it has removable battery with SD card. I can deal with the SD card on the S6, but the combination of non removable battery and 2600 mAh just makes it a no go for me.

I know how to squeeze extra life out of batteries, but it's just too small for such a powerful device. More importantly, in 12-15 months (I keep my phone 2 years minimum) no matter what I do, there's no way I'm getting a full day out of that battery, and I'm not buying a $700 device knowing I'll have to spend $100 every year to have someone replace it.

I'm currently on my S4 and Nexus 4 and will be looking at the G4, Moto X 3rd Gen, Note 5 and Nexus 5 for my upgrades. I'm in no rush. Both my phone meet all my needs at the moment.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-16-2015 08:09 PM

I'm currently on my S4 and Nexus 4 and will be looking at the G4, Moto X 3rd Gen, Note 5 and Nexus 5 for my upgrades. I'm in no rush. Both my phone meet all my needs at the moment.

"Nexus 5" ???
    04-16-2015 08:22 PM
    Exact same scenerio here. .

Battery life was too weak for my profession.

Beautiful phone. Loved the lay out. I need the removable battery. Went back to my G3 and im gonna wait for the G4.

04-16-2015 11:23 PM
    I don't think you're gonna top your note 4 until the 5 comes out ... assuming it has removable battery with SD card. I can deal with the SD card on the S6, but the combination of non removable battery and 2600 mAh just makes it a no go for me.

I know how to squeeze extra life out of batteries, but it's just too small for such a powerful device. More importantly, in 12-15 months (I keep my phone 2 years minimum) no matter what I do, there's no way I'm getting a full day out of that battery, and I'm not buying a $700 device knowing I'll have to spend $100 every year to have someone replace it.

Battery replacement from Samsung is free within the first year and $45 after that
    04-16-2015 11:28 PM
    I returned the S6, not because it wasn't a great device or because it didn't have a removable battery or a SD card slot. I"ve simply decided than I want a bigger screen. I'll wait and see the reviews for the G4 before deciding on it or the Note 4 or Nexus 6. The s6 and htc m9 are just too small for me now.
    04-16-2015 11:47 PM
    I use my phone for mainly emails, instant messaging, web browsing.

Nothing too excessive, I just want the battery life to be good while doing these things.

The M9 and S6 were just raw brutal powerhouses, burning through their batteries to power processors and screens ready to give you a fantastic gaming or video playback experience.

I'm hoping the G4 is a better manufactured version of the Oneplus One, just a nice big phone which reliably lasts you the whole day
    04-17-2015 05:29 AM
    "Nexus 5" ???
    meant nexus 2015

04-17-2015 07:06 AM
    Battery replacement from Samsung is free within the first year and $45 after that
    interesting and thank you for that info

04-17-2015 07:06 AM
    meant nexus 2015

I haven't kept up with Nexus news in a while. The current one is Nexus 6, right?
    What is Google planning to call the next Nexus smartphone?

Thanks!
    04-17-2015 08:28 AM
    I haven't kept up with Nexus news in a while. The current one is Nexus 6, right?
    What is Google planning to call the next Nexus smartphone?

Thanks!
    Nexus 6 was late 2014, and there are two Nexus devices rumored for this year. Both 5" and 6" Nexus would be nice to have. Maybe just updated Nexus 5 (2013) and Nexus 6 (2014)?
    04-17-2015 12:55 PM
    Nexus 6 was late 2014, and there are two Nexus devices rumored for this year. Both 5" and 6" Nexus would be nice to have. Maybe just updated Nexus 5 (2013) and Nexus 6 (2014)?
    why not Nexus 7?
    04-17-2015 01:26 PM
    why not Nexus 7?
    There's already a tablet called Nexus 7
    04-17-2015 04:35 PM
    Can't say I'm returning any phones, but Microsoft's lack of rumor flagships and other things has me looking at alternate OSes. The G4 ranks quite highly on my list of potential phones. Removable battery and SD card slot are both major pluses for me.
    04-17-2015 05:39 PM
    There's already a tablet called Nexus 7
    ooops, forgot about that crappy tablet.... I wonder what Google will call its next phone.
    04-17-2015 06:36 PM
    I liked my LG G3, but there's a couple of things that really bug me about them:

1. Rear firing speaker...worst possible orientation.
    2. LG auto-expands notifications, and the font on the G3 for them was on the large side anyway.

On the other hand, a 5.5 inch screen that can actually be one-handed, unlike a certain Note series....
    04-17-2015 07:00 PM
    I liked my LG G3, but there's a couple of things that really bug me about them:

1. Rear firing speaker...worst possible orientation.
    2. LG auto-expands notifications, and the font on the G3 for them was on the large side anyway.

On the other hand, a 5.5 inch screen that can actually be one-handed, unlike a certain Note series....
    true... but I have yet to hear any smartphone speaker that sound half decent. Even the front-firing HTC One M8 speakers sound terrible to me. No substitute for "real" speakers.
    04-17-2015 07:38 PM
36 12