LG G4: Are you getting one?

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I guess that means LG doesn't have a plan. I'm more comfortable with a manufacturer or carrier plan simply because they have more of an incentive to keep you satisfied. The ATT plan is outrageous in my mind. I'm thinking the leather G4 without a case Id like to be covered. I'll look more into the aftermarket plans.

I appreciate the quick response, thanks.

I think they do... see:

LG Support USA: Customer Service and Technical Support | LG USA

EXTENDED SERVICE PLAN
LG Premium Care Plan
We’ve got you covered. If your product fails
we will fix it or replace it. Extend the protection
on your LG products for up to three years by
purchasing an LG Premium Care Plan.

Douglas_B

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I believe LG's phones carry a 1 year warranty in the case that the phone stops working and it's not your fault. If you want protection from drops/water/etc you would have to pick up insurance through your carrier.

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Dont waste your money. Just risk it! Chances are you will be fine!!

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...

larrynj

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Grace: Hello Larry. Welcome to LG Electronics U.S.A. Support only. How may I provide you with excellent service today?
Larry: Hello Grace. My question is. Does LG offer extended service plans on mobile phones? I was considering buying the new G4 when it comes out and would like to protect it against accidents.
Grace: I see
Grace: With that Larry extended warranty maybe purchase from the store or with from your service provider
Larry: OK..but nothing directly thru LG than?
Grace: Yes we do not sell phones here
Larry: ok..thank you
Grace: That's why we do not have that options
Grace: You're most welcome!
Grace: Would be anything else i can be of help?
Larry: have a great evening
Grace: I hope I provided you a great service.
Grace. It has been a pleasure to assist you today. Thank you for choosing LG Mobile Communication Live Chat. We appreciate your business. Have a wonderful evening ahead!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely interested. But I'll wait to see what Samsung does with the Note 5. My Note 4 serves me very well and I'd like to stay with this line. But...if Samsung changes the Note line by getting rid of interchangeable battery and no micro SD card, as they did with the S line, I will most probably switch to the G4. The Note 4 is already priced at $700 and I don't see myself paying $900 for a phone with a sealed battery (which, if the battery is bad, requires replacement of the phone) and no option for external memory. I can do without an S pen. And the improvements to the G4 will only continue. My nephew and niece have the G3 and they love it. LG makes quality products (as does Samsung). So I have confidence in them. It all comes down to what Samsung does with the next Note. I don't believe I'm alone in this. The G4 is certainly a very viable option.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I have an S6 Edge and I am going from Note 4 to G4 for my second phone but I have (so far) experienced no issues with Edge as you describe. I don't game, but I'm very heavy on multitasking and daily use. Its been good so far.

Posted by me ;)

So why leave the note 4 and not wait for the note 5 (I'm considering for my first note)

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been using an LG Optimus G Pro (not a Pro 2) on AT&T, well actually no other carrier ever sold the Optimus G Pro, for 17 months now no problems at all with the phone. It's a better phone than my Note II was. The only issues were when they sent out the update for 4.4.2, it caused a couple of minor problems, but other than that it's been a good phone. I think I'll be getting this phone as soon as AT&T gets around to selling it, just hope they get it out there before the LG promotion of a spare battery and charger is over, if that even applies to the US phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

RealCarTV

May 17, 2015
Visit site
So why leave the note 4 and not wait for the note 5 (I'm considering for my first note)

I have always loved the size of the G3 and wanted to get one, but the camera was not good enough and I am a pretty heavy camera user for my work. The G4 accomplishes this. I think the G4 will just be more comfortable and I like the manual camera control also, something I miss from my Lumia days.

Sent from me ;)

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been using an LG Optimus G Pro (not a Pro 2) on AT&T, well actually no other carrier ever sold the Optimus G Pro, for 17 months now no problems at all with the phone. It's a better phone than my Note II was. The only issues were when they sent out the update for 4.4.2, it caused a couple of minor problems, but other than that it's been a good phone. I think I'll be getting this phone as soon as AT&T gets around to selling it, just hope they get it out there before the LG promotion of a spare battery and charger is over, if that even applies to the US phones.

I haven't seen a confirmation on the supposed promotion. Since it's already running, you'd think a registration page would be up or at least more details.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely interested. But I'll wait to see what Samsung does with the Note 5. My Note 4 serves me very well and I'd like to stay with this line. But...if Samsung changes the Note line by getting rid of interchangeable battery and no micro SD card, as they did with the S line, I will most probably switch to the G4. The Note 4 is already priced at $700 and I don't see myself paying $900 for a phone with a sealed battery (which, if the battery is bad, requires replacement of the phone) and no option for external memory. I can do without an S pen. And the improvements to the G4 will only continue. My nephew and niece have the G3 and they love it. LG makes quality products (as does Samsung). So I have confidence in them. It all comes down to what Samsung does with the next Note. I don't believe I'm alone in this. The G4 is certainly a very viable option.

you can have Samsung replace the battery for $45 + shipping. you wouldn't have to buy a whole new phone just cause you're battery goes bad

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The Note 4 is already priced at $700 and I don't see myself paying $900 for a phone with a sealed battery (which, if the battery is bad, requires replacement of the phone) and no option for external memory.

Sealed doesn't mean that you cannot get it replaced. You would not have to buy a whole new phone to do this.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It would just be an unnecessary hassle to get it replaced though. At least for me...

Hassle and saying a phone would need to be completely replaced are two different things. I could understand someone not wanting to go through the hassle of going to a store to get it done but .. You would not have to just trash the phone and buy a whole new one.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I have always loved the size of the G3 and wanted to get one, but the camera was not good enough and I am a pretty heavy camera user for my work. The G4 accomplishes this. I think the G4 will just be more comfortable and I like the manual camera control also, something I miss from my Lumia days.

Sent from me ;)

I think the only hesitation for me to just fall in line with the g4 (after having the g2 and g3) is wondering if I am missing some functions that I would use with the s pen. It sounds like half love and use often and half don't. If I wasn't wowed by the s pen,the g4 is the perfect size and phone.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hassle and saying a phone would need to be completely replaced are two different things. I could understand someone not wanting to go through the hassle of going to a store to get it done but .. You would not have to just trash the phone and buy a whole new one.

You are absolutely right about not having to trash the phone but for me, having to go through the manufacturer or worse, a 3rd party repair store that may or may not do the job correctly or ding and scratch or destroy your device is absolutely not worth it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You are absolutely right about not having to trash the phone but for me, having to go through the manufacturer or worse, a 3rd party repair store that may or may not do the job correctly or ding and scratch or destroy your device is absolutely not worth it.

That is fine -- preference varies per person. I was simply replying to correct the statement that a phone has to be fully replaced if it has a "non-removable battery"... Since that isn't the case :).

RealCarTV

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I think the only hesitation for me to just fall in line with the g4 (after having the g2 and g3) is wondering if I am missing some functions that I would use with the s pen. It sounds like half love and use often and half don't. If I wasn't wowed by the s pen,the g4 is the perfect size and phone.

I thought about this too. After a while, the only thing I really used the S pen for was to edit pictures, as my fingers were not always as precise. I WILL miss that but after a while it was just a novelty to me.

Sent from me ;)

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

just send it to Samsung. 24 hour service, costs $45. shipping a phone seems like less of a hassle than replacing one but that's just my opinion

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
just send it to Samsung. 24 hour service, costs $45. shipping a phone seems like less of a hassle than replacing one but that's just my opinion

I've done that in the past and its been a hassle, for me at least. Oddly enough, my brother sent his G3 for repair (screen) and it took 9 days for him to get it back. Thats not bad.

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I have been using Samsung all from the beginning, Galaxy 1, S2, S3, S4 and now S5, and its time for me to make a change cause S6 has a lot of deal breakers for me actually (fixed and poor battery, no sd card and a VERY protruding camera that is very annoying). So i was really looking forward for G4 actually but still i have cold feet so i need to get my hands on it first and then decide. Although i like changing phones every year this is not affordable any more so I really want a hign end phone that can take me for at least 2 years of my contract. However i will wait a bit longer just to see whats next with Note 5 and then decide. Any views? Suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2