06-06-2015 05:00 AM
282 12345 ...
tools
    I don't know how I feel about the UI on the G4. It still looks cluttered to me, am I alone here? And LG also seems to be in love with the 3,000 mAh battery. If you're sticking with the removable battery, why not put a bigger one in from the get go? Although I may have just answered my own question. I guess that's how they keep the cost "down".

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yep and a bigger battery equals bigger phone, so 3000mAh is plenty if the right software and hardware use it properly.
    anon(5506951) likes this.
    04-28-2015 03:10 PM
    Now that is a great price!
    The G3 released at I think $500

04-28-2015 03:16 PM
    I don't know how I feel about the UI on the G4. It still looks cluttered to me, am I alone here? And LG also seems to be in love with the 3,000 mAh battery. If you're sticking with the removable battery, why not put a bigger one in from the get go? Although I may have just answered my own question. I guess that's how they keep the cost "down".

I think its just you. I like the way it looks now but I can deal without the home screen to the left. *I'll try to put Blinkfeed on it* And as long as the battery lasts a full day who cares what size it is?

04-28-2015 03:18 PM
    ahhh probably more for the leather back probably 650 at verizon or 700 for leather about a month to wait for pricing ,for real be nice at 600 without leather and 650 with.

04-28-2015 03:36 PM

3,000 mAh battery, you may want a larger one if it was not removable. Being removable though you can just swap it. I get almost a day from my 2300 mAh battery with 700 more mAh I believe I could make a day.
    04-28-2015 03:38 PM
    I liked almost everything I saw in the presentation. No built in wireless charging is kind of disappointing, but not a deal breaker. Now I just need to see battery life reviews and hold the phone.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12
    04-28-2015 03:43 PM
    3k is larger than the competition, no? Not the big phones, but bigger than the other regular phones.

Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.
    04-28-2015 03:56 PM
    Maybe. Depends on the camera, specifically, how well it handles in low light. Willing to trade off a lot for better low light camera performance, so if it beats the S6 there, then yeah.
    04-28-2015 04:14 PM
    My guess is battery life will be reasonable, due to the Lollipop problem.

Then when they sort the Lollipop battery drain this phone is going to be able to last for days
    04-28-2015 04:21 PM
    Curious about bumpers or cases that allow you keep the leather make but protect all else. That would me what I would look for

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    04-28-2015 04:22 PM
    This not the S6 is the next big thing. I am getting one.

04-28-2015 05:11 PM
    I'm getting one because of the removable battery & sd card. I've had Samsung for years but the new s6 without a removable battery is a deal breaker for me
    Thank you LG!!

Posted via Android Central App
    04-28-2015 06:07 PM
    I'm undecided at the moment. I got the S6 but I'm not 100% impressed with it. I'd be willing to try out the G4 and sell the S6 if I've what I see. From the impressions videos, it looks pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G920I
    04-28-2015 06:54 PM
    Heck yes!

It's a gigantic step up from my M7 camera-wise.
    04-28-2015 10:44 PM
    it better be redneck tested. That leather will have beer on it at some point....book it

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    Bring it over to my trailer park, and we can start testing it!

Anyway, I don't plan on getting one. I'm quite happy with my Nexus 6. But the G4 is a nice phone though.
    04-28-2015 11:32 PM
    I have a LG G3, I want to upgrade to S6 Edge..
    04-29-2015 03:41 AM
    If I had a rolling contract I'd be all over it.

Screw 2 year contracts.
    04-29-2015 06:13 AM
    I cant decide between the G4 and the S6

Advantages of the G4 IMO
    IPS "quantum display" which is a plus over the over saturated AMOLED
    Full manual mode and raw capture for photos.

Advantages of S6 IMO
    Its not curved
    Its not a phablet
    It doesnt have plastic
    It has finger print scanner
    It has wireless charge
    It has fast charge

The leather isnt a huge selling point, nor the removable battery. I never once removed my battery in my old phones, nor did i wish i did so i can swap my battery. I much rather have the phone charge faster. Expandable storage isnt a huge deal for me since I rarely have songs on my phone, and I upload all my photos to the cloud. I delete most of the pictures I take. Storage might a good idea for Raw photos, but not really a huge selling point (storage) to me

The HR monitor on the sammy is more of a gimmick more than anything. The UI, from what Ive heard, are equally bad in both cases (coming from HTC sense) I would of stuck with HTC if they didnt have their heads in their (Language edited by Mod) and made the M9
    04-29-2015 06:27 AM
    If I had a rolling contract I'd be all over it.

Screw 2 year contracts.
    I've got my "one year sober" badge from a contract phone.

I'm in such a better place now
    MC_A_DOT and SactoKingsFan like this.
    04-29-2015 06:38 AM
    No matter this new release have outstanding features, fantastic looks and reasonable price yet I must say that it will have to work a lot to replace other brands from the hearts of users who have trust on different other brands for the last several years. LG will have to produce something extra ordinary.
    04-29-2015 12:18 PM
    I will say this; I really liked my G3. I thought it was a hell of a phone, especially once I loaded a more updated app than the wonky version we were stuck with (the D855 based ones like Cloudy had none of the UI stutter issues). It had a great camera, nice size/form factor compromise. There was a lot of like about the phone.

The G4, slight curve aside, is an evolution of the G3... faster (I hope) processor, better camera, etc. If I wasn't all out of jumps, I would def be tempted.
    04-29-2015 03:52 PM
    The G4, slight curve aside, is an evolution of the G3... faster (I hope) processor, better camera, etc.
    100% agree!

They've pretty much improved on all parts of the G3 so it should be a stellar device! They made the form factor a little bigger even though its the same screen size which may disappoint some but it may be for particular reasons. Beyond that, I'll reserve my judgement till I can play with one in person.
    04-29-2015 04:22 PM
    So I sitll have my G2 and love it. I'm actually selling my G3. Not because I don't love it, but because I was making room for an iPhone 6+ Now, LG does this to me? I just don't know what I'm gonna do.
    04-29-2015 04:32 PM
    I would have put not curved as a mark against the S6, along with physical buttons, tons of redundant apps and in this case materials... Having owned a leather moto x, I have to say that leather is much more desirable than glass (for me). I won't use the SD card or remove the battery, so those are both moot points to me ... However if LG uses an SD card slot as part of a low internal storage strategy, I'm not a fan of that.

Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.
    04-29-2015 09:26 PM
    I liked almost everything I saw in the presentation. No built in wireless charging is kind of disappointing, but not a deal breaker. Now I just need to see battery life reviews and hold the phone.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12
    I bet you will be able to get a 3rd party wireless charging sticker like you could for the G3. If not you could always get a separate battery and just charge the battery while you use a fresh one....

04-29-2015 10:36 PM
282 12345 ...