Anyone considering this as their first "G" phone?

tiredad

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I bought an S6 but the battery is just too poor and I'm within my return period, so its going back on Monday. The G4 seems to tick the same boxes the s6 does for me (camera, screen) but without asking me to also put up with bad battery life.

This would be my first G although the N4 and N5 would mean its not my first LG.

Posted via the Android Central App

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Could be my first G depending on the price and ability to purchase unlocked. Really drooling about the camera.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
It's possible...the phone is a bit big for me but I really like the idea of the back buttons. Rear firing speaker is yesterday's tech, not crazy about that but I'm going to wait until I get it in hand to make a decision.

omgitsjoe

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone considering this as their first "G" phone?

I'd consider the G4 but I just really do not like the plastic backing.

Coming from a M7 then M8 and now to a S6 I just didn't think it'd feel premium IMHO ??

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Anyone considering this as their first "G" phone?

I'd consider the G4 but I just really do not like the plastic backing.

Coming from a M7 then M8 and now to a S6 I just didn't think it'd feel premium IMHO ??

Maybe not the plastic back but surely the leather will feel premium

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I almost got a G3 last year because of its 5.5" display. I ended up going with an M8, though, because the M8 garnered better ratings for call quality and reception from the few reviewers who even pretend to care about such things. Now, however, I know that I definitely want a display that's at least 5.5", so the G4 is currently at the top of my list of likely upgrades. I'm eager to compare the G4's display to the display on the S6, which I think is pretty damned phenomenal in person. And I'm going to have to wait to see what sort of impact the S6 has on the Note 5 before pulling any triggers. But the announced specs and the array of removable backs make the G4 seem like an exciting change. All I'm worried about at this point is that dinky little speaker grille on the back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835