What are your favorite cases for the LG G4?

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I want a very sleek and well made DUAL LAYER case like my current Incipio case for my G3 and not like the Spigen (can you say FLIMSY??) case.

I have the incipio dual layer for my g3. It started to crack in the corner, then the plastic outer shell fell apart. Now just using the rubber part...but g4 soon!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the incipio dual layer for my g3. It started to crack in the corner, then the plastic outer shell fell apart. Now just using the rubber part...but g4 soon!

Oh no really?!? Mines been pretty solid although I haven't dropped it much either, lol! I just love how 'tight' and 'snug' the Incipio case is compared to the Spigen Slim Armor I had. Whenever I dropped my phone with the Spigen case, the case would pop off like a cheap POS. Try just using only the rubber part on a Spigen case and see if it stays on like the Incipio! Incipio case is just better fitted for the device.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Again only for work but if I don't find a cheap case like Avoca like I did for my S6 edge at Costco I'll likely order the Spigen Ultra Hybrid.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
These Caseology cases look pretty nice.

0914d6f4a3b5bbd992a6a9b6c998bfeb.jpg

8b8aa8c67f5eedb45fba02874e77d7af.jpg

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12

yyy999deba

May 6, 2015
Visit site
My wife got a Rugged Hybrid case from ebay before. It is an interesting design, where the phone slips into the holster cover, like the Otterbox defender. It protects well enough.If you are interested in it.You can search the item id 141652055326.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
My wife got a Rugged Hybrid case from ebay before. It is an interesting design, where the phone slips into the holster cover, like the Otterbox defender. It protects well enough.If you are interested in it.You can search the item id 141652055326.

Thanks I may just get one.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
...and you'd be completely wrong :p
Check out TechRax video on YouTube named "LG G4 Durability Drop Test!"
Can't post links just yet.

I mentioned this before...those types of tests are useless. If you drop *any* smart phone - guess what? It may (or may not) break! It is a piece of glass attached to plastic with electronic components inside. There are lab based tests that can assess stress and probability of breakage. The referenced video isn't one of them. But the bottom line - get a combination of case, insurance, and tempered glass screen protector.

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
What do you think of: Pure gear Slim Shell Impact Flexible Silicone Protector Case Cover Clear/Black? How is the texture of it?
Also, what should I look for in a carbon fiber case? For example, when I search "lg g4 carbon fiber" on ebay there are several types, not sure which is best? aside from the color, what should I check?

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Just to let everyone know I've been searching hard for a case to fit my G4 with the leather back. So far nothing. Not even LG had one at their main store here in a korea. All the cases I'm finding say "without leather". There's quite a few very thin cases with leather backings though for the G4 for plastic back. That's what I've been using as of lately but when I went out this past weekend I carried it naked with a leather back and it felt great.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just to let everyone know I've been searching hard for a case to fit my G4 with the leather back. So far nothing. Not even LG had one at their main store here in a korea. All the cases I'm finding say "without leather". There's quite a few very thin cases with leather backings though for the G4 for plastic back. That's what I've been using as of lately but when I went out this past weekend I carried it naked with a leather back and it felt great.

I always put a case on my devices but I would rock the G4 with leather naked BUT with a screen protector so it doesn't get scratched up. If I were to drop it though, I'd quickly put a case on it however possible. I hate babying my device, lol!

Mart Thurs

May 8, 2015
Visit site
This case accepts the leather back. LG G4 Case - Ringke FUSION ***All New Dust Cap & Drop Protection*** [FREE HD Film][SMOKE BLACK] Premium Crystal Clear Back Shock Absorption Bumper Hard Case for LG G4 - Eco/DIY Package