Be honest, after Samsung made a bold move with the hardware, don't you wish LG did the same?

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
People complained about cheap plastic so Samsung responded. They made the 6 more iPhone like. But the media - such as NY Times is telling people that Android is difficult to use and even thought the S6 looks good the iPhone is still recommended! Ouch!

Also good luck replacing the screen/digitzer on the S6 if similar to prior models.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
People complained about cheap plastic so Samsung responded. They made the 6 more iPhone like. But the media - such as NY Times is telling people that Android is difficult to use and even thought the S6 looks good the iPhone is still recommended! Ouch!

Also good luck replacing the screen/digitzer on the S6 if similar to prior models.

I have to agree with this. Everyone got mad at plastic so .. Samsung changed.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you that a legit body upgrade would have been more interesting than a leather back, but everything else seems to be a legit upgrade.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
LG will be the last major vendor with a removable battery. I think they will have a good selling point here, maybe make an ad about wall huggers?

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Why do you hate Samsung? Just because you may dislike a companies products now doesn't mean they can't create better ones..

Posted via the Android Central App

You bet and ordinarily, I'd agree with you, but my previous experiance has been Sammy products are not built to the quality that other products are built to. That's been my experiance with all Samsung products I've owned. Now, my wife won't have any other phone and she agrees with you that Sammy makes the best smartphone. I just don't like them, and won't use one. Which is why I previously stated, "The main thing that turned me off? It had Samsung in the name."

My examples if you care:
Droid Charge. POS phone. Just horrible.
Samsung G3: Dropped it from 2 feet and cracked the screen just 2 weeks after getting it.
Samsung Fridge: Ice Maker's had to be replaced 5 times under warrenty. It's now out of warranty and the next time it breaks, new fridge.
Samsung 58" Plasma TV: Last 3 years and then started going haywire. It'd go into test mode, then brightness all the way up, etc. Ended up tossing it out because it was going to cost more to fix than getting a new one.
Years ago I had a Samsung radio that died 2 years after the purchase.

Just no luck for me with Sammy products. Now my wife on the other hand, SG3, SG4, and SG5. All great phones in her opinion and she loves them. She hated I mean, hated the iPhone 4.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
You bet and ordinarily, I'd agree with you, but my previous experiance has been Sammy products are not built to the quality that other products are built to. That's been my experiance with all Samsung products I've owned. Now, my wife won't have any other phone and she agrees with you that Sammy makes the best smartphone. I just don't like them, and won't use one. Which is why I previously stated, "The main thing that turned me off? It had Samsung in the name."

My examples if you care:
Samsung G3: Dropped it from 2 feet and cracked the screen just 2 weeks after getting it.
Samsung Fridge: Ice Maker's had to be replaced 5 times under warrenty. It's now out of warranty and the next time it breaks, new fridge.
Samsung 58" Plasma TV: Last 3 years and then started going haywire. It'd go into test mode, then brightness all the way up, etc. Ended up tossing it out because it was going to cost more to fix than getting a new one.

Just no luck for me with Sammy products. Now my wife on the other hand, SG3, SG4, and SG5. All great phones in her opinion and she loves them. She hated I mean, hated the iPhone 4.

I didn't even know they made refrigerators ... I have 2 LED TVs, love em, and will always look at Samsung first whenever I need another. Also have an S4, still running smooth.

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I didn't even know they made refrigerators ... I have 2 LED TVs, love em, and will always look at Samsung first whenever I need another. Also have an S4, still running smooth.

We've had Samsung refrigerators for years in the UK. Their TVs and fridges are so cutting edge cool in design, but to date (until the edge) their phones have been quite conservative in comparison. Strange

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

My examples if you care:

I don't think I said Samsung makes the best phones but I just wanted to say they could make better ones. In all honesty for me the best phones out or coming out soon right now are *in no particular order* G4, Note 4, Sony Xperia Z3C, Z3, One Plus One, S6. But I can definitely understand your plight. Even though I was wowed by the S6 Edge on release I will most likely get a G4 coming from a HTC One M7 on Sprint. I looked at the different sizes of the phone using phone arena's size comparison and I think it's the perfect size for me.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
We've had Samsung refrigerators for years in the UK. Their TVs and fridges are so cutting edge cool in design, but to date (until the edge) their phones have been quite conservative in comparison. Strange

They've had Samsung fridges for years in the US too. I guess most people don't pay that much attention. They're washers/dryers are really cool looking too, but with a little research you realize that most of their designs for everything other than tv's are "borrowed" or "inspired" by other companies. Not downing on them so much, but just saying they're not as cutting edge as it seems. They don't get sued in almost every consumer product category they make for no reason.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
They've had Samsung fridges for years in the US too. I guess most people don't pay that much attention. They're washers/dryers are really cool looking too, but with a little research you realize that most of their designs for everything other than tv's are "borrowed" or "inspired" by other companies. Not downing on them so much, but just saying they're not as cutting edge as it seems. They don't get sued in almost every consumer product category they make for no reason.

Oh, come on. Sheesh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae