AC review is up!

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I've read at least 10 reviews in the past two days -- almost all of them favorable -- though most belittle the G4 for not having wireless or QC. However, none of them bothered (well, Phonearena did but their testing was skewed) how long the G4's 1.8A charger takes to go from 0% to 100%, or 50-60% to 100%. I don't expect it to be the 87 minutes the S6 takes, but if it's 30 minutes longer, hey, that's not so bad either. It doesn't have to be an official QC to be pretty darn good.

Hopefully, one of the AC editors with a G4 can chime in on this...

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I have found that most of the Samsung fanboy sites are very quick to downplay any other oem to boost their reviews.

While the LG g4 is on pre-production software it's camera is more capable than the other brands including the s6 and edge. Of course they are waiting on a update to over shadow the g4, but I wonder if LG will also push out something better too... I don't think that they are going to let Samsung or anyone else steal their thunder after investing heavily on it...

As to folks wanting definitive answers to the battery life, I look at it like this... Everyone sets up and uses their phones different and it's really easy to get hung up on someone else's numbers and what they get out of a days charge.. I don't put a lot of stock into those reviews or results. I have seen plenty of folks who have the s6 getting excellent battery life so anything is possible...

Quick charging isn't something that I have to have, same for wireless charging, those are extras that are nice to have but I would rather see something like what HTC has implemented with the battery saver on it.. With that I go 2 days with normal usage at times.

This phone is going to be the one every other oem has to beat.. and they will use their mouthpieces... err reviewers to find every little thing that isn't too their liking and try to make a issue of it.. Hell their fanboys are already at work and it's not out yet here.... Lol

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
That was a good review, about what I was hoping from the phone too.

Read the Verge article and I was shocked, iverge strikes again. There is clear favoritism going on there and for me they lose my respect. A phone this good needs to be called out, not buried because it's from a smaller vendor. Someone in their comments even said they lowered their score shortly after publication.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Good review
Although a true review is one based on a user's actual use of the phone in their own hand
Not everyone will get the same results
But, this is a really good phone

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
That was a good review, about what I was hoping from the phone too.

Read the Verge article and I was shocked, iverge strikes again. There is clear favoritism going on there and for me they lose my respect. A phone this good needs to be called out, not buried because it's from a smaller vendor. Someone in their comments even said they lowered their score shortly after publication.

It's why I rather read AC over Engadget or Verge. Those guys are suspect, I don't trust them.
I don't agree with many things AC say but I feel I'm getting an honest take, not one based on kickbacks.

Posted via the Android Central App

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Interesting claims about the screen so far. I'd be interested to see in person how it stacks up side by side with an AMOLED device, let alone any of Samsung's current best. It's tough to imagine, for example, viewing a dark image in a dark room, and having it look better on an LCD... any LCD... than it would on an AMOLED.

AC App
Nexus 6

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Interesting claims about the screen so far. I'd be interested to see in person how it stacks up side by side with an AMOLED device, let alone any of Samsung's current best. It's tough to imagine, for example, viewing a dark image in a dark room, and having it look better on an LCD... any LCD... than it would on an AMOLED.

AC App
Nexus 6

I think what we're running the risk of here is making the exception the rule. Viewing a dark image in a dark room, what would look better? Alright, say the AMOLED screen does look better, but what does that really have to do with the quality of the screen overall?

We've heard multiple times that the LCD on the G4 is at least as good as the screen on the S6, and possibly even better. I'm more interested in knowing which screen is better in the majority of situations and it sounds like the G4 could be the screen to beat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance