AC review is up!

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Very thorough review. Sounds like this may be the phone for me. It will definitely be my wife's next phone, as she demands swappable batteries.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Agreed on a thorough review. Can't wait for us consumer reviews!

Posted via the Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Great review. Seems like they really liked it.

Looks to have the best screen and best camera on a phone, fast performance and solid battery life.

The phone for me. Can't wait for its release.

Sent from my SM-G920I

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
In the podcast they unanimously agree this is the best flagship of 2015 so far. That's high praise. Move over S6.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
At this stage, from everything we've heard so far, and now this review, I'm very confident that this device is going to be a winner. :)

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I just read The Verge's review and my god it feels so pedestrian. Whoever wrote it clearly can't be bothered. No enthusiasm about anything. The screen was rated as the best on any smartphone but got a 9 (for not being Apple I suspect). The software was hardly reviewed but got a 6/10 - unsure what criticisms they had. Overall, the writer clearly couldn't be bothered.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Also, the comparison of numbers of manufactured units between Apple and LG seemed irrelevant. Apple is making all the phones for its entire iOS, whereas LG is just one manufacturer among many producing phones for the Android OS.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
In the podcast they unanimously agree this is the best flagship of 2015 so far. That's high praise. Move over S6.
I'll watch the podcast later today, but that's great to hear.

I just read The Verge's review and my god it feels so pedestrian. Whoever wrote it clearly can't be bothered. No enthusiasm about anything. The screen was rated as the best on any smartphone but got a 9 (for not being Apple I suspect). The software was hardly reviewed but got a 6/10 - unsure what criticisms they had. Overall, the writer clearly couldn't be bothered.
Best part is, in the review for the G4 regarding the screen The Verge said "It’s as good, if not better, than the Galaxy S6’s screen" yet they give the G4 screen a 9 and gave the S6 screen a 10? How on earth does that make sense?

Really sloppy review by the Verge.

Sent from my SM-G920I

xetaray

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

Try Gizmodo's review. It reads like a fourteen-year-old wrote it.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
When I read that the Verge's review wasn't very favorable, I thought for sure that Vlad was going to be the author. I'm a bit surprised that it was Dan Seifert. It was so weird to read. A lot of the time he seemed pretty excited about some of its features. But in the end was like "meh, Apple and Samsung are better and only Android nerds will like this phone".

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Also I had to lol when he said that the M9 and S6 were both blisteringly fast while the G4 wasn't quite there. I can believe that for the M9, but definitely not the S6. My wife had the S6 edge and it's no where near as quick as a HTC phone or my Z3. In fact I'm seeing the same old Samsung/Touchwiz stuttering.

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Also I had to lol when he said that the M9 and S6 were both blisteringly fast while the G4 wasn't quite there. I can believe that for the M9, but definitely not the S6. My wife had the S6 edge and it's no where near as quick as a HTC phone or my Z3. In fact I'm seeing the same old Samsung/Touchwiz stuttering.
Yep. Odd comment. The G4 is getting praise for being smooth and quick, "LG's war on lag." It felt like a combination of can't be bothered, broad strokes/generalisations, no enthusiasm and ultimately rushed to meet a deadline. I've read Amazon reviews that were more professional

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much what I expected from the Good and the Bad.

Ask a few carriers up here about the Leather backs and shocking majority have no idea what I'm talking about.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Plastic backs for the G3 go for $20. Can't imagine what they'll charge for the leather one. Looks worth whatever it is though lol

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I think the leather backed ones come with a plastic back also...

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez