G4 Supershieldz tempered glass screen protector

jkimrey

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine is supposed to arrive Monday. I was hoping it arrived in time for my phone so I could put it on right away.

My biggest worry is lint - it's almost impossible to get it all the first time so I'm appreciating the tips - keep them coming!

Also, what is the thickness on these? I'm thinking of adding the clear $10 case from Best Buy...I don't guess it would be too thick?

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

JmpnJeronimo

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok So the Super shield arrived and came in a different package that the pictures. But it went on nice and easy and looks fine.... but this this is an absolute fingerprint/smudge magnet!!! I'm not exaggerating here, its bad. Is that just the nature of the glass or did I get a cheap knock off ??

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok So the Super shield arrived and came in a different package that the pictures. But it went on nice and easy and looks fine.... but this this is an absolute fingerprint/smudge magnet!!! I'm not exaggerating here, its bad. Is that just the nature of the glass or did I get a cheap knock off ??

I have mine on and don't see any difference between this one and the Zagg on my S5.

Can you post a pic of your packaging?

JmpnJeronimo

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Now I'm wishing I saved it... It went out with the trash this morning. I emailed the ebay seller and haven't gotten a response back yet.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Now I'm wishing I saved it... It went out with the trash this morning. I emailed the ebay seller and haven't gotten a response back yet.

You sure you got a glass and not a plastic protector?? Only plastic protectors smudge badly. Most glass protectors wont smudge easily.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
That's what I was thinking but this is my first glass so I wasn't 100%sure. But yes its not flimsy at all, im sure its "glass"

Then you must of gotten a bad quality glass is all I can think of. Most of the glass protectors I've purchased haven't smudge bad at all. Perhaps I've been lucky with good products. I'd ask for an exchange or refund if you could.

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes it's the only brand I use.

I can't find it and honestly gave up looking but for the price it's great.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

Hi...you should get Spigen crystal clear screen protectors (3pcs in a pack). Highly recommended 5stars!!! THE BEST YOU CAN GET FOR YOUR LG G4

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
do you guys know if I could clean the screen protector with water and apply while wet? Made a mistake and then got whole bunch of lints....

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi...you should get Spigen crystal clear screen protectors (3pcs in a pack). Highly recommended 5stars!!! THE BEST YOU CAN GET FOR YOUR LG G4

They smudge REALLY REALLY bad. Sorry to say. I used to exclusively use them until I started using glass protectors. Never going back to plastic again!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

not good, my supershieldz prevents smudges better than my Fosmon did for my G3

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Some glass protectors have an oleophobic coating like the phone's actual screen. It helps the glass try to "shed" oils, to cut down on fingerprints.

The glass protector I ordered from eBay ($4) listed an oleophobic coating. A different $10 glass one on Amazon did not have that coating, so would likely accumulate more fingerprints.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the Fosmon this morning for my G4!!!! Tell me you're lying?!?! :mad:

Better, but still minimal. i have sweaty palms if that helps lol. FOSMON is back in stock? thats awesome, it protected my G3 from 2 falls on tile, first time left 1 crack along the bottom and the 2nd time the crack went all the way to the other end of the phone lol.

It's good stuff!!!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Better, but still minimal. i have sweaty palms if that helps lol. FOSMON is back in stock? thats awesome, it protected my G3 from 2 falls on tile, first time left 1 crack along the bottom and the 2nd time the crack went all the way to the other end of the phone lol.

It's good stuff!!!

But you said this.........

not good, my supershieldz prevents smudges better than my Fosmon did for my G3

.....and I hate smudges!! :mad:

......lol, its all good Erwaso!! I hope they improved it for smudges at least from last year. It was only $5.99 so, lol :D

Amazon.com: Fosmon LG G4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector - TOUCH 0.26mm ULTRA THIN (Shatter Proof | Oleophobic Coating) HD Clear Glass Screen Protector for LG G4 2015 (Leather Back Compatible) (1 Year Replacement Warranty): Cell Phones & Accessories

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

This is what I got.

0609151759_HDR.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I got the Verizon tempered glass screen protector was $19 with my discount including installation. It resists smudge well

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad