G4 Supershieldz tempered glass screen protector

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
This is on sale in Amazon for the G4 already.

Does anyone have experience with the brand on their current phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's the only brand I use.

I can't find it and honestly gave up looking but for the price it's great.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I've used icarez (.2mm) for my G3 and my second one just broke, again!! These thin glass protectors are way to fragile!! In both, I first saw what looked like a chip on the edge of the screen and then the crack starts forming. If you sneeze on it with this chip, the crack will form, trust me. Now I know the thicker ones may affect touch sensitivity from what I've read so are there any that you guys know of that are not too fragile and durable? I know its a glass screen protector but you guys hopefully understand what I'm saying! 😀

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My G3 uses the FOSMON (which just sold out of hte G4 version) and it's 0.26. Has been perfect and still great even after i dropped it on tile and has a crack along it lol. I'm gonna grab another one for my G3 and probably this Supershieldz for the G4.

Although iFlash has a 3 pack for just $11 ...

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
So with a decent glass screen protector, could you otherwise be "naked" (caseless/bumperless) with confidence and not worry about drops?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So with a decent glass screen protector, could you otherwise be "naked" (caseless/bumperless) with confidence and not worry about drops?

In my experience YES. Wife's iPhone 5c hit the kitchen tile hard and shattered the protector only. My G3 hit the bathroom tile from 1 ft high and there;s a line crack across the protector. Both are caseless.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My G3 uses the FOSMON (which just sold out of hte G4 version) and it's 0.26. Has been perfect and still great even after i dropped it on tile and has a crack along it lol. I'm gonna grab another one for my G3 and probably this Supershieldz for the G4.

Although iFlash has a 3 pack for just $11 ...

Thanks for the Fosmon suggestion! Hopefully these don't chip after awhile and crack. I'm going to assume its because of the thinness of these screens that this happens. Otherwise, I love the feel and use of a glass screen protector!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the Fosmon suggestion! Hopefully these don't chip after awhile and crack. I'm going to assume its because of the thinness of these screens that this happens. Otherwise, I love the feel and use of a glass screen protector!

actually the top left of my FOSMON chipped after 4 months. Not covered under their warranty btw, i asked lol.

Just ordered the 3pk of iFlash for my G3 and the Supershieldz for the G4. both are thicker than the FOSMON so i'll see if that plays into the chipping/cracking.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
actually the top left of my FOSMON chipped after 4 months. Not covered under their warranty btw, i asked lol.

Just ordered the 3pk of iFlash for my G3 and the Supershieldz for the G4. both are thicker than the FOSMON so i'll see if that plays into the chipping/cracking.

Lets know how they work out for you. Also, find out if touch sensitivity if affected because of the thicker glass. Hopefully not but you never know.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Quick delivery. Feels more flexible than my G3 Fosmon one. And definitely looks to fit the G4 (bigger) . If you can see the sticker has a word markered off, it says "sample"

Can't wait to slap it on!

Attachments

• 11476.jpg
    11476.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 283

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I got the Supershieldz from Ebay for a buck less - but the reason, in stock in Philly (90 miles away) and I need it ASAP. My G4 arriving Tuesday! :D
Some of you may recall I got light scratches on my G4 recently - the culprit new jeans with tiny bits of stonewash grit in the front pockets.

A little off topic but maybe can help someone...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...529371-getting-screen-protector-straight.html

Last edited:

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So the initial one I got will comform to the curve mostly, but there are bubble spots on all 4 corners.

Supershieldz already sent a replacement one do we'll see how it goes. I should get it by tomorrow.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
So the initial one I got will comform to the curve mostly, but there are bubble spots on all 4 corners.

Supershieldz already sent a replacement one do we'll see how it goes. I should get it by tomorrow.

I ordered mine from Amazon and I received it a week ago. I haven't even opened it yet (no G4 yet), and they emailed me to tell me they were sending me another one, because the first design may not fit correctly.

Posted via my Rooted LG G3 running DeneROM.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

The Supershieldz just arrived today - the 9H. The plastic screen protector that was preinstalled on the H815 is really OK and was going to leave it on indefinitely, now I feel compelled to install the SuperShieldz to test since you got a defective one.

Mine does not have "sample" marked over like erwaso's.

Last edited:

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The Supershieldz just arrived today - the 9H. The plastic screen protector that was preinstalled on the H815 is really OK and was going to leave it on indefinitely, now I feel compelled to install the SuperShieldz to test since you got a defective one.

You already received the new and revised one?

The clear one already on the device was nice yes but it's won't offer drop protection. I'm keeping the defective Supershieldz one on until the new one gets here.

Still gotta figure out how to get insurance for this thing. Square trade won't take it since there's no receipt lol

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine from Amazon and I received it a week ago. I haven't even opened it yet (no G4 yet), and they emailed me to tell me they were sending me another one, because the first design may not fit correctly.

Posted via my Rooted LG G3 running DeneROM.

When did you initially order yours? I ordered from Amazon a week or so again but haven't received it or an email concerning a revised product. Hopefully I get the correct one.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
You already received the new and revised one?

The clear one already on the device was nice yes but it's won't offer drop protection. I'm keeping the defective Supershieldz one on until the new one gets here.

Still gotta figure out how to get insurance for this thing. Square trade won't take it since there's no receipt lol

I ordered from Ebay. So I probably have the bad (not revised) version? It doesn't have a sticker on the outside - only inside like yours. I hate having to contact Supershieldz about such a low cost item.