Quick Charge is there, after all!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Thats a bonus for me. I already think the G3 charges quick and wouldve been happy it the G4 had the same charge time.

Cant wait for official word that QC works on the G4. (as in consumer testing)

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm really excited about this. I probably would've gotten the G4 anyway, but it seemed like such a weird omission.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
It is good that they added Quick Charge 2.0 Compatible, I like that on my Nexus. I would rather have QC that Qi wireless, Qi heats up the phone due to the induction process.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thats a bonus for me. I already think the G3 charges quick and wouldve been happy it the G4 had the same charge time.

Cant wait for official word that QC works on the G4. (as in consumer testing)

I think it showing up in Qualcomm's page is pretty official hehe. It might need a software update or something, though... not sure.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Good news! I don't know why it was mentioned that it didn't support it at the launch event

The hardware supported it but LG decided not to use it and write into the software. Then everyone complained so LG decide to pay Qualcomm's royalty/licensees fees. Then all they had to due was rewrire the software with a sub-routine.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If they're already using Qualcomm SOCs, why wouldn't the licensing fee for Quick Charge already be rolled into the cost? Especially for a big customer like LG (I'm sure they use Qualcomm chips in other products besides phones).

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That's good news! Some form of licensing and/or product readiness may be the reason for it not being announced or differed during the launch event. Either way, it's good news for consumers.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It's a neat answer to the criticisms. I wonder whether LG knew all along. I can imagine them smiling. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
This is great news! And QC > Qi wireless (for me anyway!)

Now I only need the G4 to be available in the US!

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Sammy fanboys are hard at work finding new things to bag on it about...

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Guess what? I'm a 'Sammy fanboy' (I've had my fair share of Samsung devices and still in love with the Note series). And guess what? I still find the G4 to be very impressive. :)

But you have to admit, the fact that it didn't have Quick Charge was detrimental, and since it IS competing against the S6, not having it (or wireless charging) was meant to be a point of comparison, just as G4 'supporters' do with its removable battery.

I'm honestly waiting to try this one out and pit it against my trusty Note 4 (not so trusty after Lollipoop killed my battery life). I'm especially excited about the manual mode on the camera, which the Note doesn't have (it has some manual controls, but not the ones I really want to control).

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Guess what? I'm a 'Sammy fanboy' (I've had my fair share of Samsung devices and still in love with the Note series). And guess what? I still find the G4 to be very impressive. :)

But you have to admit, the fact that it didn't have Quick Charge was detrimental, and since it IS competing against the S6, not having it (or wireless charging) was meant to be a point of comparison, just as G4 'supporters' do with its removable battery.

I'm honestly waiting to try this one out and pit it against my trusty Note 4 (not so trusty after Lollipoop killed my battery life). I'm especially excited about the manual mode on the camera, which the Note doesn't have (it has some manual controls, but not the ones I really want to control).

I think most of us have been Samsung followers at some point, lol.

Samsung makes a fantastic device no doubt but LG is also doing great things with its flagship device and they should be well regarded right up there along with Samsung I feel right now. 2 companies with 2 fantastic devices for consumer consumption! Great time to be an Android enthusiast!

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
It's confirmed working on review units. We all have to wait and see til the official units are out to test ourselves but it's looking promising

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

So I am opposite....I've only had lg android phones with the g2 and g3 now. I would be 100% sure on the g4,but I want to see the note 5 because I am tempted with the s pen. Would you miss it?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I probably will. I went from the Note 2 to the S4 because of the size and novelty, but ended up coming back to the Note line with the Note 3 because I did miss the S-Pen.

If you don't take notes usually or you don't find the appeal on actually writing annotations on stuff (or like to draw, but in my case I can't draw anything other than stick men hehe), you probably won't find the S-Pen all that useful.

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

You may be a fanboy but you are not the blind fanboy I should have mentioned. The frustrating ones are the ones who can't admit Samsung has ever done anything wrong or any other phone is better in any aspect ever.

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci