Is the size putting you off?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The G4 is aaaaalmost upon us, but is the Size putting you off? I mean, small phones are a slowly dying breed (at least in the high end spectrum), but is this phone too big?

It's a bit bigger than an S6, but not as big as a Note 4. Personally, I don't mind the size of the Note 4, but I've been a Note user for a few years now, so that might just be my adapted perception (to me, an iPhone 5S is super tiny!).

What about you?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My M8 would probably be close to the same size physically. I don't think I would have a hard time with the device. I am pretty sure this is the largest screen I could tolerate. I didn't care much for the screen size of the Nex6.

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I mean as far as total phone size this isn't on the high scale. It's about the same size as the S6 and others. I had an iPhone 5s then went to a 5.2" screen and could never go back to the little 4" screen!

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I went from a Note II to an LG Optimus G Pro, so this phone shouldn't be any different, haven't had a bit of trouble out of my G Pro so I have confidence that the G4 should be an even better phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm used to the G3 - holding it easily and comfortably in my hand right now - so the G4 will be fine. :)

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I can only go by the size of the G3. For me it was a drop too big for one handed use, so I'm sure that the G4 will feel the same way. But to be honest, I'd rather get a G4 than most other phablets as like the G3 it is a great phablet that isn't pushing it too far into the unhandable zone.

The note line is great and the nexus 6 is awesome. For the first time I even like stock Android. But both phones are too large for me by a lot. While the G4 is far more manageable for me.

It's funny, I used to be the guy who always got phones that went with a large screen. People used to say that my 4.7" evo 3d was huge when most phones were only 4". But for me I found that while I love phablets, they are just too big for a daily driver. Too tight in most of my pockets and too big for one handed use. They are great for playing games or watching videos but are hard for me to use every day while on the go.

Maybe one day I'll change my mind and the G line from LG will probably get me to switch faster than the note line. But my sweet spot is about 5" and I'm glad that with Android I have many choices to choose from.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
large sized phones used to deter me, my first android phone was an HTC Aria (3.5in screen) and even i thought it was kinda big coming from a blackberry curve!

Slowly i've learned to love bigger phones, with the max size being my G3. But i don't think i'll mind the G4 size :)

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I had two of the biggest phones, Galaxy Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus and no issues with the size whatsoever.

What's amazing and love about the G series is how LG squeezes the display in that body.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
You want a really big phone deal with a Nokia 1520... That was frigging huge...

But no.. The size isn't a concern for me.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
No, I don't think G4 is too big. Some of the smaller and thinner phones are actually a bit awkward to use.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I felt the same way when I first got the Note 2... and I even bashed people for getting the 'ludicrously huge' original Note. Four iterations later, and I'm still hooked.

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
It feels too small for such a large screened device in my opinion. Honestly I truely believe there is no better "holding" phone in the 5.5"+ terrority. If you've held the G3 you understand what I mean. It's hard to believe the screen is as big as it is. The curved back and slight curvature of the screen make this phone feel small in a sense. I came from a iPhone 6 plus to my g4 but I've owned a note 4 and g3 as well. My wife was amazed how my screen is the same size as her 6+ yet the phone is perfectly sized. She said she'd like to sell her iPhone and get this because it would be more comfortable to use without giving up screen space.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
It's only too big if you're unwilling to give a larger phone a try. After owning a G3 for so long, the Nexus 5 feels small and the Nexus 4 feels tiny. And one of the good things about the G3, and likely the G4 since it's only slightly bigger, is that it packs a big screen in a relatively small body. I can comfortably use the G3 in one hand until poor app design forces me to reach my thumb to the top left portion of my screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke