Is the size putting you off?

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm 6' , wear jeans on the tight side most days, and carry my G3 in the front pocket. The G3 is the perfect size. I tried out a friend's N6 - bigger and even that was ok for front pocket but pushing it. 5.5" is the sweet spot for me. A little larger would also have been OK.

Edit: I'm using a dual layer case.

Last edited:

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I already have a tight fit with the G3. I don't see why they made the top and bottom bezels bigger. I'll have to ahndle one. Maybe no case and leather might help.

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I already have a tight fit with the G3. I don't see why they made the top and bottom bezels bigger. I'll have to ahndle one. Maybe no case and leather might help.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised of the minimal size increase over he G3, the phone just feels better all around.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I just made a cardboard cutout with the posted dimensions of the G4 and showed it around the office. As expected, half of them thought it was too big and felt weird to hold (then they take out their iPhone's and you realize why). The rest were a mixed bag of 'yeah, I could use this' and 'I don't think it's too big but I wouldn't get one for myself'.

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I just made a cardboard cutout with the posted dimensions of the G4 and showed it around the office. As expected, half of them thought it was too big and felt weird to hold (then they take out their iPhone's and you realize why). The rest were a mixed bag of 'yeah, I could use this' and 'I don't think it's too big but I wouldn't get one for myself'.

You really need to find a dummy unit somewhere and put your hands on it

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Size? With the current market getting bigger and bigger, the G4 is the smallest 5.5" phone out there. Size is what drove me to purchase a G3 and what's driving me to want a G4. I love the 5.5" displays. I actually think that they are the best size, but I hate big phones, so the Sammy Note line is way too big for my tastes. Of course this coming from a guy that's currently carrying an iPhone 6+...

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I already have the N6 it takes getting use to the size.
So as far as the LG G4 then it is not too big. :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Yes, us G3 users quickly got used to pulling AN ENTIRE CINEMA SCREEN out of our pockets. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It should be fine. I would prefer even larger.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
^^^Yes, us G3 users quickly got used to pulling AN ENTIRE CINEMA SCREEN out of our pockets. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

You know, coming from an S3, I welcomed a bigger screen because I was getting eye fatigue when playing or reading on my S3. Now after having the G3 for almost a full year, I can honestly say that I think the muted colors of LCD have been the real help and not the size. I wonder if a Note 4 would cause the same predicament for me or not? Otherwise, I think 5.5" screen is the perfect size for me as well!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You know, coming from an S3, I welcomed a bigger screen because I was getting eye fatigue when playing or reading on my S3. Now after having the G3 for almost a full year, I can honestly say that I think the muted colors of LCD have been the real help and not the size. I wonder if a Note 4 would cause the same predicament for me or not? Otherwise, I think 5.5" screen is the perfect size for me as well!

Funny you should mention that... recently I got a message from an user asking for advice on apps or filters that could 'mute' the colors/brightness of his screen because the AMOLED screen was causing him eye fatigue. I guess bright, eye-popping colors are not for everyone... Go figure!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Funny you should mention that... recently I got a message from an user asking for advice on apps or filters that could 'mute' the colors/brightness of his screen because the AMOLED screen was causing him eye fatigue. I guess bright, eye-popping colors are not for everyone... Go figure!

Yeah, I unfortunately got that a lot from my S3. I always thought it was the screen size but having the G3 has made me realize that the color saturation may of played a bit into it. Don't get me wrong, I still think Amoled screens look fantastic!! lol....but my old eyes can't seem to take it for more than a few minutes at a time. If I do get an Amoled screen in the future, I'll have to mute the colors to avoid that nasty eye fatigue.

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Seriously 5.5 is def the sweet spot. Any bigger is too big, smaller too small. Its like the little bear and I'm Goldie locks!

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Seriously 5.5 is def the sweet spot. Any bigger is too big, smaller too small. Its like the little bear and I'm Goldie locks!

Sounds like what people said about the 5" screen... and the 4.5"... and the 4" :p

But again, to be clear, I know the G4 packs a big screen in a smaller package, but I meant overall size of the device. That's still too big for a lot of people. If I wasn't that used to the Note line, I'd probably think twice before getting a phone like this one, even with the big screen/small bezels. The overall size is still, well, big! :)

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like what people said about the 5" screen... and the 4.5"... and the 4" :p

But again, to be clear, I know the G4 packs a big screen in a smaller package, but I meant overall size of the device. That's still too big for a lot of people. If I wasn't that used to the Note line, I'd probably think twice before getting a phone like this one, even with the big screen/small bezels. The overall size is still, well, big! :)

I have a Nexus 5 with a 4.95" screen and would never buy anything smaller than 5" again ever. I agree the Nexus 6 maybe too big. Wife had to get a new phone she said a 5" was too larger after using a 4.5" phone for three years. Just gave my wife a 5.7" phone (ZTE Zmax) to replace here 4.5" phone and she loved the larger size screen after she used it one day.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
We all have to adapt :p But there will come a point where unless we grow bigger hands, phones will be too big at this rate haha (Nexus 6 is TOO big for me)

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Well in the G4(and G3s) defense I bought a moto X only because of price not cause of size. The G3 is and was amazing size wise. G4 will be mine! My wife has the iPhone 6+ and it is nice to have that screen.