My G4 Preview is on its way

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: My G4 Preview is on its waY

Jealousy ensues! OMG! Congrats! :)
Let us know how it works, especially since this is a carrier version!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Luckiness!!! Can't wait for more reviews .. actually i can't wait to play with it myself!!!

NannerAirCraft

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

How do you get a preview from T-Mobile? Did you get it for signing up to that G4 pre-release thing on their website?

Posted via the Android Central App

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site

I'm assuming this is the same one that Phil has that were given out at the launch event

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site

How do you get a preview from T-Mobile? Did you get it for signing up to that G4 pre-release thing on their website?

Yes, I signed up and shared multiple times via Twitter, G+ and Facebook.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
The leather element is absolutely nirvana for my preference of a top tier phone,so I will be curious how you like it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Let me know your opinion of this phone. I have had my eye on this since I heard a whisper of it.

Will do. They're doing "preview" events across the US, I went to the one in Tampa yesterday...there's a schedule published somewhere. Follow @G4Preview on Twitter...

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The leather element is absolutely nirvana for my preference of a top tier phone,so I will be curious how you like it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I handled one yesterday at the Tampa preview event and I'm very impressed with how they did the leather, it feels great in hand.

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Will do. They're doing "preview" events across the US, I went to the one in Tampa yesterday...there's a schedule published somewhere. Follow @G4Preview on Twitter...

Nice thank you!

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My only gripe with leather is, well, that it's leather. I know this won't be the same as with a watch that's constantly in touch with sweat and skin, and that the exposed part is obviously treated leather, but still... you can't handle the phone in the same way if you want to keep the leather from getting damaged.

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
My only gripe with leather is, well, that it's leather. I know this won't be the same as with a watch that's constantly in touch with sweat and skin, and that the exposed part is obviously treated leather, but still... you can't handle the phone in the same way if you want to keep the leather from getting damaged.

Baseball players use leather gloves. And some of them use them for years and thy only get better with age.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but they take care of them... and treat the leather constantly or it just becomes a mess (not to mention the smell). Again, I'm sure it's not the same with a phone given that the conditions of use are entirely different, but leather will always be leather and does need special attention. Try fingernails, for instance... get a sharp one against the leather and more often than not, you'll get it to peel, while plastic or metal would maybe scratch but not peel.

That being said... I do like the look of the leather one. Especially in red :D

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the moto X 2014 in leather and honestly if you dont do anything with it you won't even notice. I have had mine since launch and it has small scratches that eventually become nothing. The oil from your hands keeps it soft. I'm telling you this one will be perfect!

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
That is so many levels of awesome. I signed up for the Canadian one. I am going to share the hell out of it in hopes that they pick me. I have a rooted G3 and I love it, so I am picking up a G4 the moment they are available here.