No expandable notifications on the G4??

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully someone with a G4 can confirm or deny...

I've read a few places that when you pull the notification bar down the notifications aren't expandable on the G4 (or G3 for that matter). Is that true?

For example:

This: Screenshot_2015-05-12-16-27-53 (Small).png to this: Screenshot_2015-05-12-16-28-02 (Small).png

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
They are on the G3. By default, the first notification is always expanded. To expand the others, you first have to hide the quick settings. Then two two finger swipe down will expand them or a very careful one finger swipe down.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So, it wouldn't work as my Note 3 does above? How easy or hard is it to hide the quick settings to have that function? I always use the expandable notifications for deleting emails mainly. I am hoping this isn't something hard to do. Really want the phone but that could be a problem for me.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
It works exactly the same except you have to hide the quick settings first. To do so, you just swipe them up. It's only annoying in that the quick settings show by default rather than a two finger swipe or a double swipe down like with stock Android (not familiar with TouchWiz). But I'm used to it. It's just a quick swipe up to get rid of the quick settings, then swiping down on your notification to expand it. And, like I said, first notification is always expanded by default. I'd imagine this is similar on the G4.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I've read a few reviews that say you can expand notifications in loick screen but not when phone is unlocked. LG should be able to fix this issue in a software update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey