Micro or Nano sim?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Now that Samsung has moved to nano, I was hoping LG would as well.

Makes it so much easier swapping devices. Not a fan of adapters.

I guess we'll have to wait for G5 to get nano? Hopefully Apple doesn't come out with pico. LOL :(

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Micro sim. I looked this up weeks ago. I'll likely keep my G3 and switch back for forth. Nano sim would complicate things. Adapters aren't so good.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much all of the newer phones are nano. . And pretty much all of the phones from here on will be nano. So micro is not better for a lot of people

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Unless you have an older device but apple, Samsung, htc, Motorola, and Nokia have all moved to nano sim in their high end phones.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It's a Micro. I do use the adaptor to switch between my iPhone 6 and G2. I guess I'll continue using the adaptor for the G4.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Unless you have an older device but apple, Samsung, htc, Motorola, and Nokia have all moved to nano sim in their high end phones.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

So the nano sim is only available in phones lacking removable battery and sd card? Or for windows phones (Nokia)? The HTC M9 does have sd but non-removable battery. I'll be sticking with micro sim devices for now.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
So the nano sim is only available in phones lacking removable battery and sd card? Or for windows phones (Nokia)? The HTC M9 does have sd but non-removable battery. I'll be sticking with micro sim devices for now.
The Sim card size doesn't have anything to do with removable battery. It just happens that LG is the only one left doing removable battery on their new phones and they chose not to move to the new standard of Nano sim.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
The Sim card size doesn't have anything to do with removable battery. It just happens that LG is the only one left doing removable battery on their new phones and they chose not to move to the new standard of Nano sim.

My point is as long as nano sim is only in phones without removable battery/sd I'll be sticking with micro sim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton