Wouldn't night vision be cool?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, so the G4 has a superb camera. The S6 has a superb camera. The iPhone whatever has a superb camera.

OIS is a standard thing to have now if you want to be 'in the game'. Lollipop brings along full manual controls if the manufacturers allow it (and thankfully, the G4 does). HTC tried (and IMHO, failed) to impress with UltraPixels. The G4 has a lager sensor. Overall, night photography has improved a bunch.

But wouldn't it be cool if the 'next thing' for mobile photography was night vision? Probably wouldn't be super long range since the size wouldn't allow it, but a tiny IR LED could be easily placed alongside the LED Flash and just add the IR-sensing hardware for the camera. I'd like it. Would you?

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Would skyrocket the cost of phone. To make nv technology small enough to put in a phone and for it to have any type of range would cost a premium. I'm sure they've thought of it but size and cost was the determining factor to scratch it

Moto X 2014

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Would skyrocket the cost of phone. To make nv technology small enough to put in a phone and for it to have any type of range would cost a premium. I'm sure they've thought of it but size and cost was the determining factor to scratch it

Moto X 2014

Same would have been said of 4GB or RAM a couple years ago, or a 2K display on a phone... and here we are. Probably yeah, today that would be cost-prohibitive... but not impossible :)

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
OK, so the G4 has a superb camera. The S6 has a superb camera. The iPhone whatever has a superb camera.

OIS is a standard thing to have now if you want to be 'in the game'. Lollipop brings along full manual controls if the manufacturers allow it (and thankfully, the G4 does). HTC tried (and IMHO, failed) to impress with UltraPixels. The G4 has a lager sensor. Overall, night photography has improved a bunch.

But wouldn't it be cool if the 'next thing' for mobile photography was night vision? Probably wouldn't be super long range since the size wouldn't allow it, but a tiny IR LED could be easily placed alongside the LED Flash and just add the IR-sensing hardware for the camera. I'd like it. Would you?

IDK. Shoulds like some spy stuff to me...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it does... haha but still useful, like when you don't want to wake people up and still get up to get a glass of water or something. Or if you hear noises in the dark and don't want to give yourself away with a bright flashlight. Or just plain ghostbusting action in your mobile :p

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it does... haha but still useful, like when you don't want to wake people up and still get up to get a glass of water or something. Or if you hear noises in the dark and don't want to give yourself away with a bright flashlight. Or just plain ghostbusting action in your mobile :p

I like the way you think! ;) I was thinking more along the lines of sneaking up on someone in the dark and either scaring them or put-a-hurtin on......lol! :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463