LG: Good Manufacturer

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
While I can't comment on the phones .. Since I have never had a LG phone ..I can say I have always used LG TVs in my house and have had zero issues. That is why I keep buying LG branded TVs :D.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The two reasons I will not go with the G4 are the embedded battery and non-expandable memory. In my book, this makes the G3 a better long term device.

I believe you're getting the S6 / G4 confused. The S6 has no SD-Slot and an embedded battery -- The G4 is the opposite with a SD-Card Slot and also a removable battery.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Lg produces fine products. I've never had a problem with their phones. I currently have an S4, nothing but issues from the beginning. Once the G4 comes out, I will be getting the G3 at discount. The two reasons I will not go with the G4 are the embedded battery and non-expandable memory. In my book, this makes the G3 a better long term device.

Huh?!? The G4 DOES comes with removable battery AND SD card slot.....just so you know.

I believe you're getting the S6 / G4 confused. The S6 has no SD-Slot and an embedded battery -- The G4 is the opposite with a SD-Card Slot and also a removable battery.

haha i was thinking "huh!?!?!"

Might want to reconsider the G4 unless you would rather have the lesser priced G3. Can't go wrong wither way :)

3snakes

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
LG made most of Verizon's flip and feature phones for a very long time. They were very reliable. My son still uses one. I like the quality of my G2, except for the battery that easily overheats. It may just be a problem in weak signal areas - don't know. LG's TV's aren't typically rated all that high in consumer magazines, at least not yet, though I'm thrilled some of them use WebOS. Did you know LG started out as Goldstar? They got into the early microwave oven industry by making by far the cheapest microwaves available. They helped pioneer the "cheap / disposable" model for appliances. Before that, appliances were very expensive, and when they broke we got them fixed. Now we replace them.

StuMcBill

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity.

How are LG for issuing Android Software Updates? How long will I be waiting for the G4 to be updated to Android M, when its available?

I had an LG Nexus 4, which obviously got updates pretty instantly, so just wondered.....

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I can speak only of my own experience with an unlocked G3, in the UK. Firmware updates were sent OTA regularly. Also, I received the Lollipop software update only a couple of months after receiving it on my Nexus 5. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping to get a G3, but I don't know when. Love my Nexus 5 and have another lower end LG phone which I'm fond of. Love the SD support and removable battery. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12