05-22-2015 07:47 AM
28 12
tools
    Examples: Nexus 4, Nexus 5, G3, all owned by me, all very high quality devices. The G2, which I've never owned, but very highly regarded. This manufacturer certainly seems to know how to deliver. Makes me very confident that the G4 will be of exceedingly high quality.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-19-2015 11:38 PM
    Agreed, though, before owning a Nexus 4, I had the T-Mobile G2x (aka Optimus 2X). Worst phone experience I've ever had and would have swore off LG had it not been for the Nexus line. Was happy with my G3 and now I'm eying the G4.
    05-19-2015 11:42 PM
    I didn't really think much of LG devices, but they won me over with the G Pad 8.3 and G2. Both are great and still perform like new devices. Now I'm waiting for the G4.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12
    tx_tuff likes this.
    05-19-2015 11:57 PM
    Samsung Galaxy Note series, beware!
    http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-loo...hip-later-year

05-20-2015 06:45 AM
    I had the g2 and the g3 both quality phones

05-20-2015 07:39 AM
    LG has definitely stepped its game up as a manufacturer over the last few years. It's really great to have so many companies making quality Android devices.
    GrooveRite likes this.
    05-20-2015 07:51 AM
    Examples: Nexus 4, Nexus 5, G3, all owned by me, all very high quality devices. The G2, which I've never owned, but very highly regarded. This manufacturer certainly seems to know how to deliver. Makes me very confident that the G4 will be of exceedingly high quality.

LG is a top tier, world class manufacturer and designer of electronic equipment. Only a handful of companies are in that elite group. Also, my G3 has been perfect.
    05-20-2015 09:03 AM
    Every LG product (TVs, fridge, washing machine, and yes, cell phones) I've ever bought has been high quality with little to no issues. So far, they've been a great company.

In contrast, every Sammy product I've ever owned has been plagued with issues, but that's just my opinion.
    05-20-2015 10:03 AM
    Every LG product (TVs, fridge, washing machine, and yes, cell phones) I've ever bought has been high quality with little to no issues. So far, they've been a great company.

In contrast, every Sammy product I've ever owned has been plagued with issues, but that's just my opinion.
    Sorry to hear you had issues with Sammy products. I've had nothing but good experiences with them especially their TVs! Sony on the other hand, don't get me started with them!
    05-20-2015 11:15 AM
    I had the G2 and G3 and loved them. Gave the G2 to my son and sold the G3 for the Turbo. Sold the Turbo pending the G4 and recently picked up another G2 to tide me over. I really like LG - a nice change after using Samsung for several years.

05-20-2015 11:49 AM
    My G Pad 8.3 and my G3 are high qualiity IMO. Doesnt have to be glass or metal.
    05-20-2015 11:51 AM
    My G Pad 8.3 and my G3 are high qualiity IMO. Doesnt have to be glass or metal.
    Blasphemy!!!!!!!! lol j/k!

I think carbon fiber and Titanium are high quality materials, not (cheap) metal and glass!!
    05-20-2015 01:21 PM
    This will be the first LG smartphone I will have owned. So I will have to put it to the test.
    I did have an old LG flip phone before though if that counts
    05-20-2015 01:28 PM
    This will be the first LG smartphone I will have owned. So I will have to put it to the test.
    I did have an old LG flip phone before though if that counts
    The one that was like a candy bar with a flip out keyboard? That's what I had!

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...
    davidnc likes this.
    05-20-2015 02:11 PM
    +1 the LG g3 has been my first LG product and I am extremely impressed with the quality. I love my G3. I am also looking hard at LG TV's, especially OLED and 4K sets,as well as the older IPS Led displays. All in all, I have become an LG fanboy! ☺

05-20-2015 03:59 PM
    I had the LG VX9800 back in the day. That phone was indestructible!

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...
    05-20-2015 04:10 PM
    Blasphemy!!!!!!!! lol j/k!

I think carbon fiber and Titanium are high quality materials, not (cheap) metal and glass!!
    Real carbon fiber phone would be awesome!

Titanium would get hot real quick I think though? But still awesome too lol

GrooveRite likes this.
    05-20-2015 05:21 PM

They could do a titanium edge if not the whole frame... Use kevlar and carbon fiber fronts with the leather backs... I would love to see something like that with a black leather and red stitching back..

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8
    GrooveRite and erwaso like this.
    05-20-2015 05:31 PM

Yes, Titanium isn't really good at conducting heat but its very light and strong and so shiny and nice to look at and hold and easy to buff out dings and scratches oh and did I say it looks nice?!?.......lol!

http://www.engineersedge.com/properties_of_metals.htm
    05-21-2015 11:22 AM
    Lg produces fine products. I've never had a problem with their phones. I currently have an S4, nothing but issues from the beginning. Once the G4 comes out, I will be getting the G3 at discount. The two reasons I will not go with the G4 are the embedded battery and non-expandable memory. In my book, this makes the G3 a better long term device.
    05-21-2015 11:41 AM
    The two reasons I will not go with the G4 are the embedded battery and non-expandable memory.
    Huh?!? The G4 DOES comes with removable battery AND SD card slot.....just so you know.
    belodion likes this.
    05-21-2015 12:29 PM
    While I can't comment on the phones .. Since I have never had a LG phone ..I can say I have always used LG TVs in my house and have had zero issues. That is why I keep buying LG branded TVs .
    belodion likes this.
    05-21-2015 01:17 PM
    The two reasons I will not go with the G4 are the embedded battery and non-expandable memory. In my book, this makes the G3 a better long term device.
    I believe you're getting the S6 / G4 confused. The S6 has no SD-Slot and an embedded battery -- The G4 is the opposite with a SD-Card Slot and also a removable battery.
    05-21-2015 01:19 PM
    Lg produces fine products. I've never had a problem with their phones. I currently have an S4, nothing but issues from the beginning. Once the G4 comes out, I will be getting the G3 at discount. The two reasons I will not go with the G4 are the embedded battery and non-expandable memory. In my book, this makes the G3 a better long term device.
    Huh?!? The G4 DOES comes with removable battery AND SD card slot.....just so you know.
    I believe you're getting the S6 / G4 confused. The S6 has no SD-Slot and an embedded battery -- The G4 is the opposite with a SD-Card Slot and also a removable battery.
    haha i was thinking "huh!?!?!"

Might want to reconsider the G4 unless you would rather have the lesser priced G3. Can't go wrong wither way
    05-21-2015 01:48 PM
    LG made most of Verizon's flip and feature phones for a very long time. They were very reliable. My son still uses one. I like the quality of my G2, except for the battery that easily overheats. It may just be a problem in weak signal areas - don't know. LG's TV's aren't typically rated all that high in consumer magazines, at least not yet, though I'm thrilled some of them use WebOS. Did you know LG started out as Goldstar? They got into the early microwave oven industry by making by far the cheapest microwaves available. They helped pioneer the "cheap / disposable" model for appliances. Before that, appliances were very expensive, and when they broke we got them fixed. Now we replace them.
    belodion likes this.
    05-22-2015 12:38 AM
28 12