Do we know if it supports MHL?

the53rdcard

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Cause that is a feature i would miss if it isnt present.

Or if anyone knows a adapter that will add mhl to none mhl phones, that would also be good

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yep still no clue what that is...

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...

😃 I was thinking that same thing, I've heard of it but still don't know what it does, I think it is like a way to project your phone screen to a monitor or TV wirelessly,... I think 😒

Posted via the Android Central App

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
The ability to hook up an HDMI cable (via MHL adapter) and output to a TV/monitor.

Posted via my Rooted LG G3 running DeneROM.

the53rdcard

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Specifically it allows screen mirroring via a wire, so if you have a large screen or something like that, that is a touch screen you can connect your phone it it, and the phones display will show on the screen and you will be able to control the phone via the larger touchscreen.

My specific application for this is, i have a car radio with the ability to do this, and plug my galaxy s4 into it all the time, so i can set the phone down and use the larger 7" screen of the car radio to run my apps and such, it allows for your navigation to show on the car radio screen, if you get a call or need to use hands free it will do that as well, and if you want to stream audio you can do that to. big advantage is, it will charge the phone while you are doing this. The radio can use bluetooth for the phone calls, and for streaming audio, but not for map navigation

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
OK now I get it! That would be cool in the car. Couldn't think of any other time I would need it.

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...