Instant Back Conversion

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It's very pleasing that users can easily and cheaply switch backs and convert their G4 to plastic or leather at will. I wonder whether a leather-effect plastic covering will also be offered, if not by LG, then by third-party makers. That looked very good on some of the older classic cameras, and was practical.
Anyway, here's Alex:
Upgrading to leather: Taking your LG G4 to the next level | Android Central

Posted via the Android Central App

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Remember everyone was saying the back wouldn't be stamped by the carriers?!? But the article said to make sure you check cause the Korean versions had carrier stamps! Verizon will tramp stamp the **** out of their leather backs! At&t also!

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Remember everyone was saying the back wouldn't be stamped by the carriers?!? But the article said to make sure you check cause the Korean versions had carrier stamps! Verizon will tramp stamp the **** out of their leather backs! At&t also!

I doubt Verizon stamped any leather - they won't offer it.

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site

I've seen leather G4's from each carrier here in Korea (Olleh, Kt, LGU+) and have never seen one branded as such anywhere on the leather. The plastic ones I have but not leather.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Alex's has 'BAND LTE' on the leather, which he says elsewhere is a Korean carrier, or at least the mark of one. Familiar to you?

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
^^^Alex's has 'BAND LTE' on the leather, which he says elsewhere is a Korean carrier, or at least the mark of one. Familiar to you?

Well Kt pushes the "band Lte" but I haven't seen it on the leather backs, just the plastic. Mine does not have that at least. My plastic back does have the LGU+ LTE 8 x4 branding though. Korea's so odd with their branding and naming of networks. We have LTE-A but each company puts their own spin. S-LTE, LTE-A, LTE8 and LTE cat6. Of course it's fast but for real there's giga-wifi all over the city which provides a nice 5ms ping, 140 down and 110 up.

Something nice to mention is when the G4 connects to giga it puts a little "G" inside of the WiFi emblem in the notification bar. If it's a secure network it places a small lock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez