What MicroSD card should I get for this smartphone?

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
This phone supports microSD card...

Now I am worried that 32GB (why not 64 :() will not be enough for a whole day of RAW shooting and 2k Video recording.

Now what should I look for when buying a microSD card? I obviously want the largest capacity (128GB?)

Regarding speed, is Class 10 enough, or should I look for UHS Class 1 or UHS Class 3?

And which brand/model? Should I look for anything else (1000x, 633x, 150MB/s / any other speed or spec?)

Thanks

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
This phone supports microSD card...

Now I am worried that 32GB (why not 64 :() will not be enough for a whole day of RAW shooting and 2k Video recording.

Now what should I look for when buying a microSD card? I obviously want the largest capacity (128GB?)

Regarding speed, is Class 10 enough, or should I look for UHS Class 1 or UHS Class 3?

And which brand/model? Should I look for anything else (1000x, 633x, 150MB/s / any other speed or spec?)

Thanks

Flash memory is so cheap right now that I recommend the largest capacity, fastest card you can afford. Especially if you like taking a lot of video. It's better to have tons of space you don't need right now, then to go smaller and not have enough space when you do.

Posted via my Rooted LG G3 running DeneROM.

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting the Lexar 64GB 2000x bundled with a UHS-II Reader.
If I buy 128GB 1000x which does not come bundled with a card reder, a separate card reader alone costs a lot, costs just a bit less than the option above, which I think is better as its faster, and 64GB + 32GB of the phone will probably be enough for a whole day.

Now both options are Not so cheap as you say, compared to older say simple Class10 cards.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting the Lexar 64GB 2000x bundled with a UHS-II Reader.
If I buy 128GB 1000x which does not come bundled with a card reder, a separate card reader alone costs a lot, costs just a bit less than the option above, which I think is better as its faster, and 64GB + 32GB of the phone will probably be enough for a whole day.

Now both options are Not so cheap as you say, compared to older say simple Class10 cards.

True enough. Cheap being relative to what flash memory used to cost. The fast stuff still isn't "cheap", just cheaper than in the past. :)

*Edit* Just looked at prices. Holy crap, not cheap for the fast stuff, lol.
Class 10 is cheap. Anything faster...... Not so much.

Posted via my Rooted LG G3 running DeneROM.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Fyi there is a 200gb microSD card from Sandisk. It is pretty pricey though. I have a few Sandisk 128gb microSDXC cards myself.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Lexar does have 1000x microSD cards, however those are probably overkill. Amazon has Lexar 64 GB 633x on sale for $49.91, you may want to look at that one or the equal from another manufacturer.

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I was mistaken earlier by microSD and regular SD cards.

Yes, it seems microSD atm only goes up to 1000x, not 2000x, and I cant find it yet.

So in short, will 633x microSD be enough? Like, same if I use the phones internal memory?

metallifan33

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the transfer speeds of the higher class cards only apply to transfer speeds to a computer from the card? In other words, is there any difference in the read/write times within the phone? Speeds are usually limited by the the weakest chain in the link so I'm wondering if the phone is designed to take advantage of micro SD cars that have faster transfer capabilities.

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
So in the end I am getting a Silicon Power 2015 model of Elite (not faster Superior) which is UHS-1 and seems to be fast as well as cheap.

But what type of USB reader do I need? A universal USB 3 reader will be enough? I don't mind if it will copy files slower (I only have USB 2 supported MB/Comp) Or do I need to look for UHS-1 supported card reader? Last question :)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So in the end I am getting a Silicon Power 2015 model of Elite (not faster Superior) which is UHS-1 and seems to be fast as well as cheap.

But what type of USB reader do I need? A universal USB 3 reader will be enough? I don't mind if it will copy files slower (I only have USB 2 supported MB/Comp) Or do I need to look for UHS-1 supported card reader? Last question :)

Please let us know what your read/write speeds are with this card. I'm currently in the market for a 128gb micro sd card as well but I tend to prefer Sandisk. If you actually get the speeds that they say, I would give them a consideration. I have a hard time believing the speeds that they are saying you get.

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
It will be only 64GB, Elite (not the higher "Superior" model), but this years model (2015 model which should be faster from 2014 model)

Just let me know how to test it exactly (connected to the computer with a reader?), which file size (large / small files) and whatnot

When possible I will do the test, but do you have real life results of the sandisk one as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy