05-30-2015 03:25 PM
88 1234
tools
    I think I found out the problem. I'm not on Jump with my LG3 therefore, I guess I am ineligible to purchase the LG4. I have to wait until the store has them and go buy one outright. Thanks for the advice folks!
    05-28-2015 03:42 PM
    Neither was i. I dropped my nexus6 laat night and went to the site and ordered the g4 1,2,3...
    Had to pay off the 6 first but that wasn't a big deal.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-28-2015 04:21 PM
    I just called T Mobile. They said you need to activate thru them and have service for 2 months. Ugh
    I want to Also buy TMobile version at retail and use my existing ATT sim
    I feel the same they made me switch from my MetroPCS account to T-Mobile that cost me about $20 more a month for half the data using the same network. Could have got the S6 from MetroPCS but want the big battery and like LG. Plus, I trusted Phil's opinion on the G4 over the S6.

Going from a Nexus 5 with a 4.95" screen to the G4's 5.5" and somehow it feels smaller in my hand than my smaller Nexus 5. Strange feeling with that tiny edge to hold on to compared to the N5.

BTW, thanks for the 2 months details since unless I see something better with T-Mobile I am heading back to MetroPCS for twice the data and save $20.
    05-28-2015 05:00 PM
    Mine was delivered and is currently sitting on my porch if anyone wants one.

ibcop and Mr PicC like this.
    05-28-2015 05:06 PM
    I just got mine in. Leather back feels different than what I thought it would, but not in a bad way.
    Agreed it didn't feel like I expected. From the pictures the leather looked pretty thick like soft leather football. It is real leather but has no give to the touch since it glued on hard plastic. It feels so light, thin and small in my hand even though it is 0.55 inches bigger screen than my Nexus 5.

Also, I got nervous pulling the back off to install the battery since I hadn't read the book.
    05-28-2015 05:16 PM
    No it wasn't included. I'm getting ready to call customer care and see what they say in a few minutes

Edit: I also didn't get a receipt/proof of purchase for it so I'll try to figure that out too in order to claim the freebies from LG
    This is what they put in my on-line box to get the 128Gb SD card.

1.From a computer, go to
    LG G4 Promo.
    2.Complete additional submission information.
    •Your Name
    •Your Mailing Address
    •Email Address
    3.Carrier where the purchase was made
    4.Upload a legible copy of your receipt of purchase.

T-Mobile Porting number 877-789-3106
    05-28-2015 05:22 PM
    This is what they put in my on-line box to get the 128Gb SD card.

1.From a computer, go to
    LG G4 Promo.
    2.Complete additional submission information.
    •Your Name
    •Your Mailing Address
    •Email Address
    3.Carrier where the purchase was made
    4.Upload a legible copy of your receipt of purchase.

T-Mobile Porting number 877-789-3106
    Unfortunately, the site isn't up to electronically submit the claim just yet. I'm guessing that it will be up around time the phone is available in stores.
    05-28-2015 05:27 PM
    Ordered around 10 pm last night on Tmo and it shipped today. Tracking info hasnt updated yet though.

05-28-2015 08:20 PM
    The lg site is up now. You can submit to get your battery and sd card. Www.lgg4promo.com
    05-28-2015 08:32 PM
    Can't wait for my G4 in brown leather to come! Also can't wait the 32gb sd card battery charger spare battery and the 128gb from T-Mobile! Almost a $200 value. This was the response I got last night.
    "You get to take advantage of both offers! Visit Get A Free Extra LG G4 Battery & microSD card | LG USA for LG's offer and http://lgg4t-mobilepromo.smsrebates....o/Default.aspx for ours. -Jen"
    05-28-2015 09:14 PM
    I ordered mine on the website pretty easily the morning of 5/27. Can't wait to get it. Silly me did not pay attention so I ended up with ups ground delivery. Oh well, enough time for me to get a tempered glass screen protector to get ready. I was going to get the plastic back but the leather was the same price, so I took the chance. See how it holds up? Anyone planning to apply repellant to the leather?
    05-29-2015 01:23 AM
    I finally got to play with my phone last night after it sat on my porch for a few hours waiting for me. No 128gb card or random waterproof bluetooth speaker included. They gave me a printout showing me how to apply for the 128gb card. I applied for that and the extra battery + card offer last night. Both offers said I should hear something back within 5 business days if they approve me or whatnot.

The phone is crazy light and smaller feeling. Same size screen as my iPhone 6 Plus but feels a lot less hefty, which is a good thing. I will mess around with the stock launcher at some point but for now I installed nova right away. A few random observations after a few hours with the phone:

-Very smooth, no stuttering or anything
    -Leather back looks and feels great
    -Love the subtle curve, feels great in hand
    -Love the tap screen to wake up feature, never had this before
    -Double click the volume button down to open camera/snap pic is great but I wish there was a shortcut for when you had the phone open/screen on
    -No quick charger included in the box. This was a bit of a disappointment but I knew this going in.
    -SIM card was hard to put in with my nano to micro adapter. I haven't had a phone in awhile where I had to put the sim in the back. This was tricky.
    -Screen is pretty nice, very close to my S6 screen
    -Snapped a few quick photos and they look good
    -Crazy amount of camera controls for me to play with later
    -LOVE the standby time on this phone. My s6 is down to 97% from 100 as I drive to work and do nothing. G4 was still at 100% and is still there.

I'll come back to post more later as I think of things.
    mhettrich and aggie like this.
    05-29-2015 08:40 AM
    I finally got to play with my phone last night after it sat on my porch for a few hours waiting for me. No 128gb card or random waterproof bluetooth speaker included. They gave me a printout showing me how to apply for the 128gb card. I applied for that and the extra battery + card offer last night. Both offers said I should hear something back within 5 business days if they approve me or whatnot.

The phone is crazy light and smaller feeling. Same size screen as my iPhone 6 Plus but feels a lot less hefty, which is a good thing. I will mess around with the stock launcher at some point but for now I installed nova right away. A few random observations after a few hours with the phone:

-Very smooth, no stuttering or anything
    -Leather back looks and feels great
    -Love the subtle curve, feels great in hand
    -Love the tap screen to wake up feature, never had this before
    -Double click the volume button down to open camera/snap pic is great but I wish there was a shortcut for when you had the phone open/screen on
    -No quick charger included in the box. This was a bit of a disappointment but I knew this going in.
    -SIM card was hard to put in with my nano to micro adapter. I haven't had a phone in awhile where I had to put the sim in the back. This was tricky.
    -Screen is pretty nice, very close to my S6 screen
    -Snapped a few quick photos and they look good
    -Crazy amount of camera controls for me to play with later
    -LOVE the standby time on this phone. My s6 is down to 97% from 100 as I drive to work and do nothing. G4 was still at 100% and is still there.

I'll come back to post more later as I think of things.
    Where did you get the nano to micro SIM adapter? I figured I would have to activate the SIM card it hopefully comes with since the M8 has a nano-SIM.

05-29-2015 08:58 AM
    Where did you get the nano to micro SIM adapter? I figured I would have to activate the SIM card it hopefully comes with since the M8 has a nano-SIM.

I've had one laying around that I bought on Amazon awhile back. It did come with a Micro Sim in box if you want to use that as well. I wanted to keep my Nano Sim active since I switch phones frequently and my other 2 have Nano Sims. Here's the one I have:

Amazon.com: Gold Samdi Brand Nano Sim Adapter and Micro Sim Adapter and Nano to Micro Adapter with a Sim Card Folder and a Needle,pls Place in Wallet Help You Use It Anytime: Cell Phones & Accessories
    05-29-2015 09:19 AM
    I have a nano sim in mine without an adapter. It took me 1 try to get it to read correctly. Since its a slot and not a tray, you dont need to buy an adapter.
    05-29-2015 09:56 AM
    Got my tracking info but it's not in the UPS system yet. Anyone know where they are shipping out from?
    05-29-2015 10:17 AM
    Man i ordered mine morning of 27 and on Tmobile site it still says processing.
    Suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    05-29-2015 10:39 AM
    A
    Man i ordered mine morning of 27 and on Tmobile site it still says processing.
    Suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Mine says shipped on May 27 still no tracking wtf?
    05-29-2015 10:49 AM
    Ok so i just called them and apparently it is on the delivery truck. Call them up and talk to the representative. They have all the details.
    i ordered ground shipping.
    05-29-2015 10:56 AM
    Ok so i just called them and apparently it is on the delivery truck. Call them up and talk to the representative. They have all the details.
    i ordered ground shipping.
    I just called and spoke to a rep. It shipped on Wed and they have no tracking to provide.
    It's standard 2-4 day shipping
    05-29-2015 11:15 AM
    My new T mobile account has been activated per email but I still did not receive my new LG G 4

Anyone else ?
    05-29-2015 02:00 PM
    Got mine today. Didnt get to play too much with it yet. One disappointment is that the back leather has three indentation lines on it like it was pressed up against something.

05-29-2015 02:27 PM
    I ordered mine right when they went on sale on the tmobile site. I choose 3 day delivery and the email said i would get it Saturday. I got my tracking info and it said I would not receive it til Tuesday. They shipped it normal ground shipping.
    Called and spoke to them to see why I paid for 3 day and got ground. Transfered me to 7 different people and couldn't do anything. They gave me a 40 dollar credit to my bill. Anyone else have the wrong shipping method for their phone?

I have the LG G3 and am excited for the G4. But I can survive a few more days.

05-29-2015 02:37 PM
    Ordered mine on the 27th and selected ground shipping, T-Mobile site said it would be delivered on June 4th, got the notification from UPS and it said it'd be the 29th... Phone and screen protector are currently sitting on my front porch waiting for me to get home from work.
    05-29-2015 02:44 PM
    What are you people using for a receipt for the LG and T-Mobile promos? I never got one in my package and the receipt they sent by email doesn't show the IMEI number as required.
    05-29-2015 10:48 PM
88 1234