Best Buy $100 gift card for pre-orders. Is that a good way to go?

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
lg-g4-phones-139408 - Best Buy

Only ATT via best buy seems to have any leather options. Verizon has only grey white or deep blue plastic so far. $649 for the ATT leather vs $629 for the plastic and $609 for the Verizon plastic. Not too bad of an upgrade price for the leather. But what will verizon offer?

The sprint one seems the highest price at $649 for plastic?

Well since I'm on Verizon and I would get leather, I guess this offer does me no good for now.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
After you consider the Best Buy price hike it's more of a $30-50 store credit. Not quite enough to get me in there.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Other than the link this post was blank when I responded ... that said, I think this is a good deal because you still get the LG extras and you can use the store credit to offset a different back for the device.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
After you consider the Best Buy price hike it's more of a $30-50 store credit. Not quite enough to get me in there.

How do you figure that? I bet Verizon will sell full price for 599 and BB was 609. So I'll net 90 bucks for paying full price at BB versus Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
lg-g4-phones-139408 - Best Buy

Only ATT via best buy seems to have any leather options. Verizon has only grey white or deep blue plastic so far. $649 for the ATT leather vs $629 for the plastic and $609 for the Verizon plastic. Not too bad of an upgrade price for the leather. But what will verizon offer?

The sprint one seems the highest price at $649 for plastic?

Well since I'm on Verizon and I would get leather, I guess this offer does me no good for now.

I saw a post where a member said a Verizon online rep told him they were going to offer the black leather although I haven't seen any confirmation. Maybe it'll come after the launch - but in any event they backs should be available for purchase if you so desire.

Posted via the Android Central App

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
From their release dates it looks like Verizon on 6/4 and then Sprint 6/5 and AT&T 6/12.

Sprint users are already getting their phones directly from Sprint. There's a thread in here where one user got his today and another is getting his tomorrow. Now if you were a Sprint user would you get the phone now or wait for the $100 BB credit? :D

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
If you go with Best Buy, you'd have to go through them if something happens to your phone. I'd rather go through the cell phone retailer to get my phone.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
If you go with Best Buy, you'd have to go through them if something happens to your phone. I'd rather go through the cell phone retailer to get my phone.

I always buy threw best buy and Sprint always handles my complaints.

My M7 was replaced by sprint 3 times for free

Posted via Android Central App

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about doing the pre-order through Best Buy but they are a week behind corporate At&t anyone know why? Also do you have to be in store to get the gift card our BB is an hour away?

Cool Guy

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I was going to order from Best Buy but it looks like no Leather option for Verizon. Would have worked out great with the gift card and price match.

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if BB would do the 12-month lease on Sprint and would that still warrant the $100 GC? Can't really get a straight answer from in-store reps, and online only shows other purchasing contracts, not the 12-month.