Switching from S6 edge?

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm on verizon and currently on a S6 edge which I enjoy except the battery being little short and few glitches I'm sure G4 will face as well.

Screen size is no big deal... But thinking that having swappable battery can be a big plus on those days that I'm out and about.

But I can't easily decide to switch... So maybe someone here has better technological knowledge why the switch will be a good one besides battery alone?

Posted via the Android Central App

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Have you given a thought about the ergonomics of having the buttons on the back? Personally, I think the camera will be easier to use that way -- being able to avoid pressing forward on the screen to trigger the shutter.

I'm sure you've read the reviews, saying how excellent the camera is, etc., but the S6 is supposed to be a close contender in that realm.

Other than ergonomics, replaceable battery, and micro sd cards... I'd say they're near equal.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Please notice also that if you do decide to switch, the LG will allow you to customize the positions of the screen navigation buttons to what you are used to on the Samsung, a convenience which is not extended to new users of Samsung devices, possible rooting methods aside.

Posted via the Android Central App

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
One more difference, if you use it: "OK Google" apparently doesn't work on the S6/S6 Edge by just saying the command... you have to open the Google app and then make use of OK Google. It shouldn't have this problem on the LG G4.

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought the S6 when it came out and decided to go with the Edge version because of the curved screen. Unfortunately, although I really like the phone, I hate the curved screen. I simply can't come to terms with it - I have tons of typos. Anyway, instead of moving from the Edge to the "regular" S6, I'm going to give the LG a shot. Having had several Samsung phones (S3, S4, S5, S6, Note 2, Note 3 and Note 4), I'm excited to try something different.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought the S6 when it came out and decided to go with the Edge version because of the curved screen. Unfortunately, although I really like the phone, I hate the curved screen. I simply can't come to terms with it - I have tons of typos. Anyway, instead of moving from the Edge to the "regular" S6, I'm going to give the LG a shot. Having had several Samsung phones (S3, S4, S5, S6, Note 2, Note 3 and Note 4), I'm excited to try something different.

I have had every Samsung device at some point that you've listed with the exception of the Note 4. I can honestly say I am somewhat bored with them. I started with the G2 and gave that to my son. I picked up the G3 and loved it but sold it for the Turbo. Now I've sold the Turbo and picked up another G2 while waiting for the G4. I think if you give LG a shot, you'll love it. Granted using the back buttons take a little getting used to but once you've used them for a while you'll find they are pretty nice.

The only bad part (at least for now) is Verizon isn't offering a leather option but they should be available pretty quickly. There is a seller on eBay selling them now but they are pricey and I'll see what US sellers want before I make a purchase. I really want the brown leather.

Best Buy is offering a $100 gift card if you pre-order with them plus LG will give you an extra battery, battery charger, and 32gb SD card if you have one by June 21st.

Get A Free Extra LG G4 Battery & microSD card | LG USA

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have had every Samsung device at some point that you've listed with the exception of the Note 4. I can honestly say I am somewhat bored with them. I started with the G2 and gave that to my son. I picked up the G3 and loved it but sold it for the Turbo. Now I've sold the Turbo and picked up another G2 while waiting for the G4. I think if you give LG a shot, you'll love it. Granted using the back buttons take a little getting used to but once you've used them for a while you'll find they are pretty nice.

The only bad part (at least for now) is Verizon isn't offering a leather option but they should be available pretty quickly. There is a seller on eBay selling them now but they are pricey and I'll see what US sellers want before I make a purchase. I really want the brown leather.

Best Buy is offering a $100 gift card if you pre-order with them plus LG will give you an extra battery, battery charger, and 32gb SD card if you have one by June 21st.

Get A Free Extra LG G4 Battery & microSD card | LG USA

Ha, I forgot about the Droid Turbo. I had that one too for a while. In general, I liked the phone with the exception of the camera and plane-Jane Android. Anyway, like you, I have grown bored with the Samsung phones (I know, first world problems...). I pre-ordered the G4 through Best Buy over the weekend and will look for a leather back once they become available.