LG G4: My initial thoughts after a couple short hours...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
47d3a3c7a8cec0d36b59a7669a88cd10.jpg

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Nice post.

One question, you mention that it feels very light....does it feel flimsy or cheap being that light? I had the One M7 and One M8 and actually liked that they had a bit of heft to them, just made the devices feel really solid.

I'm on the S6 now which feels quite light and kind of 'hollow'. Is that kind of what the G4 feels like?
It's light feeling but still feels solid to me the more I use it.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
No the global model will only work with AT&T and T-Mobile since Verizon and Sprint leave in the past and still use CDMA, the global H815 is a gsm model with no CDMA bands.

I'd agree with you and you're right about it not working, but wrong about the problem being CDMA as there is an option for CDMA/LTE. However, selecting it Verizon rejects the phone. I'll wait and see if Doggy gets any help from VZW.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Let me know how you make out with Verizon as mine wouldn't work I called Verizon tech said he would look into and call me back today or tomorrow.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nope. I even tried manually selecting Verizon and it still wouldn't connect. Did you switch the network to GSM/CDMA/LTE? I did and it still wouldn't connect, or rather VZW wouldn't accept the device. When I booted with my SIM card inserted, it gave me the option under Mobile Networks in the settings, but with no SIM, all I get is Hotspot.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
How and where does one get an unlocked, global version?

Does it still have carrier bloatware on it?

No carrier bloatware, but it does come with some LG bloatware. That is probably the best reason to get an unlocked global version, however, so far it's not working on VZW. Since it's not working on VZW, I cannot confirm is LTE is working or not.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
My h815 has all the cdma bands listed on the box.

Are you sure it's not WCDMA? Those bands will not work in America, not sure where you're from but I have the H815 and it will not work with Verizon. If your rep can make it work let us know since it'll save me from having to purchase one.

BTW...it's bloat free, cleanest phone I've ever seen...to bad it won't work with my Verizon service.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure it's not WCDMA? Those bands will not work in America, not sure where you're from but I have the H815 and it will not work with Verizon. If your rep can make it work let us know since it'll save me from having to purchase one.

BTW...it's bloat free, cleanest phone I've ever seen...to bad it won't work with my Verizon service.
Yes those are WCDMA bands

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My h815 has all the cdma bands listed on the box.

Are you confusing with WCDMA bands as someone suggested earlier? If yes then you have no clue about bands, they are still gsm bands and not CDMA. All the info available till now suggests this is GSM only phone.

Why don't you post a picture of the bands on the box and we can confirm for you.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
All the info available till now suggests this is GSM only phone.

It is...I took it to Verizon the day after it was delivered...their eyes almost bugged out of their heads. The rep took one look at the box and said it wouldn't work. They still popped in a Verizon sim card in it and sure enough it didn't work.

Djlatino

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Does this still have the same wicked stand by time as it's predecessor? My S4 broke on Sunday, might need to hunt for a new phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance