LG G4 Verizon Pre-order page shows available June 1st

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pre-order page shows available June 1st

I just ordered the gray one at noon today (5/28/15) and paid the $15 for expedited shipping. It'll be here by 10:30am tomorrow (5/29/15). I thought it sounded too good to be true so I chatted with a rep and he confirmed that I'll have it in the morning. If I had ordered the leather back it would have been June 3rd.

I've seen multiple pics of the worn leather corners of the G4, which is what led me to go with plastic until this is sorted out.

That's an ultimate score if this pans out for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

gaddang2

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone have details on the discount on select LG tablets? There's a graphic on the G4 preorder page but no link.
In the market for a cheap tablet and LG may take more of my money...

If you pick up their new LG X 8.3 tablet, it's just 49.99 with 2 year contract. I picked one up to replace my old Motorola Xyboard when I preordered my G4.

Posted via the Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I just ordered the gray one at noon today (5/28/15) and paid the $15 for expedited shipping. It'll be here by 10:30am tomorrow (5/29/15). I thought it sounded too good to be true so I chatted with a rep and he confirmed that I'll have it in the morning. If I had ordered the leather back it would have been June 3rd.

I've seen multiple pics of the worn leather corners of the G4, which is what led me to go with plastic until this is sorted out.

Where have you seem multiple pictures of this? I know of one review that motioned it and now people are saying they have seen multiple reports of wearing (even one guy added tearing) and I myself have not seen multiple reports, just now even searched for them.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I find it strange that it shows the colors of the backs (grey, black, white) but does not say larger anywhere that I can find. In fact it shows the backs of the grey and white phone but not the black. Also if you search LG G4 they sell a black plastic back for the phone (although not in Stock) so you can't say there is no plastic black back.

I would just be leary of ordering the black back without seeing leather written in the description or at least seeing a picture.

Anybody got a screen shot showing it to say leather or show leather in a picture from Verizon website?

Douglas_B

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

Looks like amazon is getting close to listing the Verizon models. If you search for "LG G4" from the homepage you now see three results for the Verizon: ceramic white, metallic grey, and black leather. None of them have prices though, and clicking the links (regardless of color) brings you to the AT&T G4 page.

milwaukeephil

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Where have you seem multiple pictures of this? I know of one review that motioned it and now people are saying they have seen multiple reports of wearing (even one guy added tearing) and I myself have not seen multiple reports, just now even searched for them.

I've seen it once in a video review posted here and somewhere else in a picture on a forum. Don't get me wrong, I would love to get the leather back but the pictures I've seen of the roughed up corners is enough to scare me away. I don't really see there being a fix for it either short of replacing it.

milwaukeephil

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Wheres the leather option on their site? Not listed.

I had the same question and asked the rep while I was chatting. The black is the leather. Go chat with a rep before you buy, though - - you never know what info "Jerry" in India is going off of.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

There is no leather option on that order page. I'm guessing a trip to a store is in order here to be safe and get what you really want. Are all versions black fronts?

ncc1701p

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site

Question for you all,

I was looking to buy the phone outright in order to keep my plan untouched. I add the phone to cart, select the full $550 price. .

Upgrade at Discounted Price .. i cant leave it unchecked.. forced to check in order to continue.
Select the full price of the phone..
During the Choose or Decline DEVICE protection I get this:
Oops! We can't complete your upgrade online. Please call Verizon Wireless Customer Service at 1-800-922-0204 to upgrade.

Is it cuz they hate me?? Anyone else have this issue?
I am still rocking a Galaxy S3 and when I brought my S3 in the store they were somewhat pressuring me to change my mobile plan which i nicely told them to Frack Off. I really want to avoid going into a store in order to buy this. I was half tempted to go to bestbuy but they charge $609 for a unactivated device.

Any advice?

Thanks!

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Question for you all,

I was looking to buy the phone outright in order to keep my plan untouched. I add the phone to cart, select the full $550 price. .

Upgrade at Discounted Price .. i cant leave it unchecked.. forced to check in order to continue.
Oops! We can't complete your upgrade online. Please call Verizon Wireless Customer Service at 1-800-922-0204 to upgrade.

I am still rocking a Galaxy S3 and when I brought my S3 in the store they were somewhat pressuring me to change my mobile plan which i nicely told them to Frack Off. I really want to avoid going into a store in order to buy this. I was half tempted to go to bestbuy but they charge $609 for a unactivated device.

Any advice?

Thanks!

The only time I have seen people have problems online and they need to call Verizon is when there is an issue with billing. Make sure all payments are up to date. Only thing I can think of.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I was half tempted to go to bestbuy but they charge $609 for a unactivated device.

Any advice?

Thanks!

I prefer that route, but what about the leather back and can an unactivated device work on verizon?

Is there a best buy order link up yet for the no carrier version>

ncc1701p

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site

to add more salt to my wound.. i tried a different route : preorder.verizonwireless.com

I got farther BUT.. it wouldnt ship to my work address because its possibly too new. Their GIS hasnt updated possibly. who knows. I'd hate to spend a whole day @ home to wait for a phone. I am already dreading walking into a store to do this. I dont care about the back at all, its going to end up in a otterrbox anyways (yeah yeah i know. But my S3 still looks incredibly new even today for as many times as I've dropped my phone over the past 2yrs 8 months..

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Question for you all,

Any advice?

Thanks!
Have you tried to buy through the iconic portal? Link is in my signature

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried to buy through the iconic portal? Link is in my signature

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Page is unavailable
The page you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist.

found it via google. Seems to work for the black leather $549.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

So verizon leather is the same $549 as the plastic according to the site and reps. That's cool. Phones in the store on Monday they say.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

So verizon leather is the same $549 as the plastic according to the site and reps. That's cool. Phones in the store on Monday they say.

Besides a rep telling you, where on the site does it say leather?

ncc1701p

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site

actually the wbesite works for me https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/

i did trip on this and found it. it looks like it will work. It threw me for a loop cuz it asked me if i wanted to retain the same sim.. im like.. well maybe/yes/I have no idea.. in GSM world its easy (most of the time) but w/ VZW phones Im not sure.. Then as I previously stated they for some reason cannot ship to my office. Address not found or some stupid crap like that.. Maybe i'll pull the trigger and miss the delivery and have them hold it at the fedex office for me.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

actually the wbesite works for me https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/

i did trip on this and found it. it looks like it will work. It threw me for a loop cuz it asked me if i wanted to retain the same sim.. im like.. well maybe/yes/I have no idea.. in GSM world its easy (most of the time) but w/ VZW phones Im not sure.. Then as I previously stated they for some reason cannot ship to my office. Address not found or some stupid crap like that.. Maybe i'll pull the trigger and miss the delivery and have them hold it at the fedex office for me.

You can always just buy online and pick up in store. If you want to activate it yourself yell them when you pick it up. They have never told me no.

ncc1701p

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site

You can always just buy online and pick up in store. If you want to activate it yourself yell them when you pick it up. They have never told me no.

Grin.. Yell them.. only if I have to.. But i see it now

The Order device w/ wireless service and then i select my device to upgrade.. it gives me the option for pickup in store. Granted nothing is in stock right now.

The devices only doesnt give me that option and lets me check out and my stupid caveat is my work shipping issue.

I'll kep checking everyday.

Thanks again tx-tuff!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908