G3 vs G4 Cameras

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Both are good, but the G4's is better. First, the subject, then crops from the G3 followed by the G4.
uploadfromtaptalk1432853195314.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432853239171.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432853251839.jpg

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Both are good, but the G4's is better. First, the subject, then crops from the G3 followed by the G4.
View attachment 178617View attachment 178618View attachment 178619

Hows the fun of testing going? I'm quite enjoying and the Camera like the S6 is stunning, even on auto it produces. However i have noticed slight over sharpening in one of my pics. But that is nothing as with all the available settings.

Keep up the great work enjoy your post but you've been tamed, quite enjoyed your weirdly posts as of the G3 :p

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Testing the phones is a bit comical because you're juggling two....I nearly dropped the G4 onto a hard surface. 😰

One thing I've noticed, when shooting pairs with the two phones, is that the G4 sometimes produces results noticeably inferior to the G3 in sharpness and detail. I discovered by accident that any sort of editing fixes that, revealing the full potential sharpness and detail of the pic. Another member has suggested that there may be a compression effect in the original.
Anyway, in short, an exciting and promising camera so far. :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Testing the phones is a bit comical because you're juggling two....I nearly dropped the G4 onto a hard surface. 😰

One thing I've noticed, when shooting pairs with the two phones, is that the G4 sometimes produces results noticeably inferior to the G3 in sharpness and detail. I discovered by accident that any sort of editing fixes that, revealing the full potential sharpness and detail of the pic. Another member has suggested that there may be a compression effect in the original.
Anyway, in short, an exciting and promising camera so far. :)

Edit 3 teeeheee but I'm bonkers i keep saying I'm now content but this time i am.

I have the M9, S6 Edge and now the G4 been a mad few years and almost declaring myself bankrupt lol

But yes the G4's optics are very promising indeed matey :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Blimey, those are top devices. You must be rich....although probably no longer. :)

Yeh if only this hobby (yeh thats what we'll call it :p ) of mine for a few years has been pretty crazy and been working mad hours to keep up.

This year with the M9 and S6 Edge have emptied my bank to available balance of 0.00 lol

I have since gave myself a good talking to and will be 2 years before ill even contemplate a new device.

You read it here first :p

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree. The G4's camera is freaking awesome. It's the best one I've ever had on a cell phone. I don't know if it's DSLR good, but I do know it's better than iPhone 6+/Sammy S5/LG G3 good.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeh if only this hobby (yeh thats what we'll call it :p ) of mine for a few years has been pretty crazy and been working mad hours to keep up.

This year with the M9 and S6 Edge have emptied my bank to available balance of 0.00 lol

I have since gave myself a good talking to and will be 2 years before ill even contemplate a new device.

You read it here first :p

Keep telling yourself 2 years...:)

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree. The G4's camera is freaking awesome. It's the best one I've ever had on a cell phone. I don't know if it's DSLR good, but I do know it's better than iPhone 6+/Sammy S5/LG G3 good.

Yes never will smartphone camera's be DSLR quality for many reasons.

However see that compact.....yup neither do i. With these optics you most definitely don't need to be carrying one of those :p

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeh that i am aware of matey lol but its miles better than Sanity lol

Scroll up and you'll understand why i said no phones for two years.

Reading is always helpful in understanding lol

Yup, I saw that, but I still don't believe you :p