Addicted to the double tap to wake.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing this?

I can't get used to the on-screen buttons or the volume/power buttons on the back (I'm still using this with a Note 4, and I've been a Samsung user since the S2, so...), but by Zeus, the double tap to wake thing is addicting! Haha. I find myself trying to turn the Note 4 on (or off) with the double tap so often now!

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Double tap to wake is so natural, it makes you wonder why other devices don't have it. I hate that my Nexus 7 doesn't have it naturally, especially with how horrible the power button is placed.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Only problem is double tap doesn't work to turn off the screen with Themer :( And I really don't like LG's UI (reminds me too much of TouchWiz...the older versions, which is worse). So having the power button in the back when having your phone on the table is really a PITA now, but oh well, at least it's there to wake up, glance at the notifications on the lockscreen, turn back off with a couple taps. Genius.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing this?

I can't get used to the on-screen buttons or the volume/power buttons on the back (I'm still using this with a Note 4, and I've been a Samsung user since the S2, so...), but by Zeus, the double tap to wake thing is addicting! Haha. I find myself trying to turn the Note 4 on (or off) with the double tap so often now!

I experienced this last year when I got my G3. I now double tap EVERY device I get my hands on, lol! I lost my swipe left to text and right to talk with Samsung but gained double tap on/off with LG. Good trade off!

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
This will become leading like big bang you'll be...

Knock knock knock Penny

Knock Knock Knock Penny

Knock Knock Knock Penny

:p

Posted via the Android Central App

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Only problem is double tap doesn't work to turn off the screen with Themer :( And I really don't like LG's UI (reminds me too much of TouchWiz...the older versions, which is worse). So having the power button in the back when having your phone on the table is really a PITA now, but oh well, at least it's there to wake up, glance at the notifications on the lockscreen, turn back off with a couple taps. Genius.
You can't double tap on the launcher to make the phone sleep because that a feature of the launcher, not the system. The default LG launcher had to double tap to sleep and third party launchers like Nova and Action Launcher will let you define a double tap gesture.

To make your phone sleep by double tapping, double tap the status bar.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can't double tap on the launcher to make the phone sleep because that a feature of the launcher, not the system. The default LG launcher had to double tap to sleep and third party launchers like Nova and Action Launcher will let you define a double tap gesture.

To make your phone sleep by double tapping, double tap the status bar.

OMG! Thanks! I knew the double tap thing went away with the launcher but didn't know about the notification bar! Thank you so muuuuch! haha

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
OMG! Thanks! I knew the double tap thing went away with the launcher but didn't know about the notification bar! Thank you so muuuuch! haha

What's even better is with Nova & Apex when you assign a gesture make it an app called screen off.

There you have it as it is on the Stock Lg launcher.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait to find out the code to enter hidden menu and turn off that feature.
Like the others said, you can use a different launcher like Nova. I would use Nova, but I am too accustomed to a tap to wake on my M8 that I would rather have that than some of the things that come with Nova.

From an AOSP M8
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've just been searching for them codes and I plum can't find them.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Like the others said, you can use a different launcher like Nova. I would use Nova, but I am too accustomed to a tap to wake on my M8 that I would rather have that than some of the things that come with Nova.

From an AOSP M8
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

I just installed a launcher I have been using for a while and knock code still works. Zeam Launcher is the one I use, the lightest launcher out.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Just now I tried to swipe left on the contact list of the G4 :S hahahaha
Habits die hard, I guess...

Left to text, right to call...I'll miss that Samsung feature, the LG's is clunky.

Love the back buttons tho, got used to them instantly...love the tap too. Great phone but like the phone & contacts interface on the Samsung MUCH better.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, not having hardware buttons is driving my fingers' muscle memory nuts haha I keep hitting the bottom bezel expecting it to work .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12