06-02-2015 12:27 AM
43 12
tools
    Anyone else experiencing this?

I can't get used to the on-screen buttons or the volume/power buttons on the back (I'm still using this with a Note 4, and I've been a Samsung user since the S2, so...), but by Zeus, the double tap to wake thing is addicting! Haha. I find myself trying to turn the Note 4 on (or off) with the double tap so often now!
    05-29-2015 02:28 PM
    Double tap to wake is so natural, it makes you wonder why other devices don't have it. I hate that my Nexus 7 doesn't have it naturally, especially with how horrible the power button is placed.
    GrooveRite likes this.
    05-29-2015 02:35 PM
    Only problem is double tap doesn't work to turn off the screen with Themer And I really don't like LG's UI (reminds me too much of TouchWiz...the older versions, which is worse). So having the power button in the back when having your phone on the table is really a PITA now, but oh well, at least it's there to wake up, glance at the notifications on the lockscreen, turn back off with a couple taps. Genius.
    05-29-2015 02:37 PM
    Anyone else experiencing this?

I can't get used to the on-screen buttons or the volume/power buttons on the back (I'm still using this with a Note 4, and I've been a Samsung user since the S2, so...), but by Zeus, the double tap to wake thing is addicting! Haha. I find myself trying to turn the Note 4 on (or off) with the double tap so often now!
    I experienced this last year when I got my G3. I now double tap EVERY device I get my hands on, lol! I lost my swipe left to text and right to talk with Samsung but gained double tap on/off with LG. Good trade off!
    05-29-2015 03:14 PM
    Just now I tried to swipe left on the contact list of the G4 :S hahahaha
    Habits die hard, I guess...
    05-29-2015 03:16 PM
    This will become leading like big bang you'll be...

Knock knock knock Penny

Knock Knock Knock Penny

Knock Knock Knock Penny

:-P

Posted via the Android Central App
    SpookDroid and erwaso like this.
    05-29-2015 03:17 PM
    Only problem is double tap doesn't work to turn off the screen with Themer And I really don't like LG's UI (reminds me too much of TouchWiz...the older versions, which is worse). So having the power button in the back when having your phone on the table is really a PITA now, but oh well, at least it's there to wake up, glance at the notifications on the lockscreen, turn back off with a couple taps. Genius.
    You can't double tap on the launcher to make the phone sleep because that a feature of the launcher, not the system. The default LG launcher had to double tap to sleep and third party launchers like Nova and Action Launcher will let you define a double tap gesture.

To make your phone sleep by double tapping, double tap the status bar.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    05-29-2015 03:23 PM
    You can't double tap on the launcher to make the phone sleep because that a feature of the launcher, not the system. The default LG launcher had to double tap to sleep and third party launchers like Nova and Action Launcher will let you define a double tap gesture.

To make your phone sleep by double tapping, double tap the status bar.
    OMG! Thanks! I knew the double tap thing went away with the launcher but didn't know about the notification bar! Thank you so muuuuch! haha
    05-29-2015 03:32 PM
    OMG! Thanks! I knew the double tap thing went away with the launcher but didn't know about the notification bar! Thank you so muuuuch! haha
    What's even better is with Nova & Apex when you assign a gesture make it an app called screen off.

There you have it as it is on the Stock Lg launcher.

05-29-2015 03:37 PM
    I can't wait to find out the code to enter hidden menu and turn off that feature.
    05-29-2015 03:38 PM
    I can't wait to find out the code to enter hidden menu and turn off that feature.
    Like the others said, you can use a different launcher like Nova. I would use Nova, but I am too accustomed to a tap to wake on my M8 that I would rather have that than some of the things that come with Nova.

From an AOSP M8
    Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
    05-29-2015 03:53 PM
    Yup. I gotta have my double tap to wake and double tap to turn off.
    05-29-2015 04:08 PM
    I've just been searching for them codes and I plum can't find them.

05-29-2015 04:08 PM
    Like the others said, you can use a different launcher like Nova. I would use Nova, but I am too accustomed to a tap to wake on my M8 that I would rather have that than some of the things that come with Nova.

From an AOSP M8
    Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
    I just installed a launcher I have been using for a while and knock code still works. Zeam Launcher is the one I use, the lightest launcher out.
    05-29-2015 04:28 PM
    I've just been searching for them codes and I plum can't find them.

Same here...let us know if you find it. I will do the same.
    belodion likes this.
    05-29-2015 04:29 PM
    Why? It's very useful... Not sure if there's a setting for that though, haven't delved into it too much.
    05-29-2015 04:36 PM
    I just installed a launcher I have been using for a while and knock code still works. Zeam Launcher is the one I use, the lightest launcher out.
    Knock Code not the same as double tap to wake/sleep. Just sayin'
    05-29-2015 04:36 PM
    Tapping is the only way to go!

SpookDroid likes this.
    05-29-2015 04:42 PM
    Just now I tried to swipe left on the contact list of the G4 :S hahahaha
    Habits die hard, I guess...
    Left to text, right to call...I'll miss that Samsung feature, the LG's is clunky.

Love the back buttons tho, got used to them instantly...love the tap too. Great phone but like the phone & contacts interface on the Samsung MUCH better.
    05-29-2015 05:59 PM
    Yeah, not having hardware buttons is driving my fingers' muscle memory nuts haha I keep hitting the bottom bezel expecting it to work .
    stephenhau and maybish like this.
    05-29-2015 06:50 PM
    Yeah, not having hardware buttons is driving my fingers' muscle memory nuts haha I keep hitting the bottom bezel expecting it to work .
    Im the same as i switch between the S6E and G4 lol

05-29-2015 07:16 PM
    I loved the double tap to wake and turn off the screen on my g3 and do miss it on my note 4.

NannerAirCraft likes this.
    05-29-2015 09:24 PM
    I do enjoy it. Double tap to wake works really well on the g4. Not so much on the g2 and g pad 8.3.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    NannerAirCraft likes this.
    05-29-2015 11:58 PM
    I double tap everything! Lol

Only works on my G3 though.

SpookDroid and bembol like this.
    05-30-2015 06:43 AM
    I double tap everything! Lol

Only works on my G3 though.

Keeping the humour alive :-P