The international variant H815 gets T-Mobile LTE!

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I had to do some tweaking in the APN settings but I was very happy to see that I could get T-Mobile LTE on the international version!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes it gets lte on att and tmobile. Won't connect to Verizon or sprint though

Sent from my LG G4

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Nope doesn't work on CDMA. I was a little worried at first though that it would only get HSPA+. But I looked up the specs and then started comparing with T-Mobile's bands.

Last edited:

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Can you even register the H815 global version on the Sprint network? A no-go on Verizon.

No sir. Verizon won't because the IMEI isn't recognizable. I'm not sure if Sprint is denying G4 activations for the same reason.

Posted via the Android Central App

falc39

May 29, 2015
Visit site
But it is listed that the H815 does not have Tmobile's band 12 support. Is there anyone that is knowledgeable about this explain how much this could affect coverage in 1 to 2 years? I live in the heart of silicon valley if you need to know. How important is band 12 compared to the other bands on T-mobile? I don't want to buy this version and then whenever I get poor signal somewhere I start questioning my decision of buying H815 instead of the carrier version.

Also, is it possible that they can add band 12 support through a software update later in the future? I think it's possible, because here is an example of a different phone getting a band update (sorry, wont let me post links, google: Band 12 support arrives for Samsung Galaxy Avant in latest software update). I'm just wondering would such an update get pushed to the H815? Is it possible for Tmobile to push this kind of update to the H815 or would it have to come from LG?

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
But it is listed that the H815 does not have Tmobile's band 12 support. Is there anyone that is knowledgeable about this explain how much this could affect coverage in 1 to 2 years? I live in the heart of silicon valley if you need to know. How important is band 12 compared to the other bands on T-mobile? I don't want to buy this version and then whenever I get poor signal somewhere I start questioning my decision of buying H815 instead of the carrier version.

Also, is it possible that they can add band 12 support through a software update later in the future? I think it's possible, because here is an example of a different phone getting a band update (sorry, wont let me post links, google: Band 12 support arrives for Samsung Galaxy Avant in latest software update). I'm just wondering would such an update get pushed to the H815? Is it possible for Tmobile to push this kind of update to the H815 or would it have to come from LG?

Band 12 has superior indoor penetration in buildings compared to the other "higher" LTE bands, but isn't essential to get a good LTE signal.

Not all LTE bands are necessarily available to the owner of the phone using stock carrier ROM. This way the carrier can add extra bands and turn it on as needed if those bands are made available. With rooted phones these "hidden" LTE bands can sometimes be turned on. If you will be traveling outside of T-Mobile's network, especially Europe, having the H815 could come in handy. This would require temporarily swapping out a T-Mobile sim for a local sim. And to answer your question - the H815 has all bands available as listed in the specs, none disabled. It will never get B12.

If maximum indoor penetration is needed (band 12), T-Mobile calling/texting, HD voice, and calls over LTE - VoLTE, then the T-mobile version may be a better choice. Wi-fi calling - I assume you know about it, is an important feature for many. I no longer need a T-Mobile branded device. The H815 works great in my area. If I'm out of the country, there are many ways to make calls over wi-fi these days, so imo wi-fi calling is of lesser value now than just a few years ago. Also if you switch to AT&T or other GSM, you can bring the global version with you and get good coverage.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/527756-lg-g4-models-cellular-frequencies.html

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The major benefit of GSM lol

Posted via the Android Central App
It is. I would switch but unfortunately, both att and tmobile would cost me a lot more for my uses . Note that I am on a legacy Verizon plan.

Sent from my LG G4

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Band 12 has superior indoor penetration in buildings compared to the other "higher" LTE bands, but isn't essential to get a good LTE signal.

Not all LTE bands are necessarily available to the owner of the phone using stock carrier ROM. This way the carrier can add extra bands and turn it on as needed if those bands are made available. With rooted phones these "hidden" LTE bands can sometimes be turned on. If you will be traveling outside of T-Mobile's network, especially Europe, having the H815 could come in handy. This would require temporarily swapping out a T-Mobile sim for a local sim. And to answer your question - the H815 has all bands available as listed in the specs, none disabled. It will never get B12.

If maximum indoor penetration is needed (band 12), T-Mobile calling/texting, HD voice, and calls over LTE - VoLTE, then the T-mobile version may be a better choice. Wi-fi calling - I assume you know about it, is an important feature for many. I no longer need a T-Mobile branded device. The H815 works great in my area. If I'm out of the country, there are many ways to make calls over wi-fi these days, so imo wi-fi calling is of lesser value now than just a few years ago. Also if you switch to AT&T or other GSM, you can bring the global version with you and get good coverage.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/527756-lg-g4-models-cellular-frequencies.html
It provides valuable in building coverage as mentioned. Without it in CO I wouldn't even be a t-mobile customer. Check out the tmo reddit site and there is plenty of info about where the band 12 700mhz coverage is making a difference. There is also a great site called spectrum gateway that details where t-mobile has 700 spectrum.

racermsa

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi would you mind sharing what settings you used to get T-mobile LTE on H815? I'm in NYC and it says "4G" on top but speed tests show much slower speeds than my old Nexus 5!! Screenshot_2015-06-08-17-44-33.jpgScreenshot_2015-06-08-17-45-08.jpgScreenshot_2015-06-08-17-45-15.jpg

Gabkicks

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Nooo I made the same mistake. my Nexus 5 had no problem getting 4g LTE in some areas, but this g4 never gets LTE anymore or anything above edge :(

I didnt know that this phone had such problems since they weren't mentioned in any reviews.
i've got the international h815 version and I use T-mobile here in New Jersey.

is there any fix for this yet?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer