What launcher is everyone using?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I have used what seems like a million launchers trying to figure out why everyone loves them so much more than the stock launchers and I really can't figure it out.

My reason is the awful icons that come stock, otherwise I'm like you...I really don't care that much.

flippedout

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Does tap to wake/off work with all 3rd party launchers or just the stock and Nova? I have a feeling I will try stock for a while then likely install either Google Now or Nova.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Didn't work for me. I am not referring to the knock code though.

Sorry I'll now elaborate you have to grab an app from the playstore called screen off (works well) once you have that.

In nova settings and gestures

Double tap screen (assign that app)

There you have it double tap screen off with Nova :)

Posted via the Android Central App

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I was on Aviate for a while until Yahoo reaffirmed their reputation for app buyouts: "Yahoo. Where good apps go to die" :D

Aviate has some flaws that I do not like. For example, it lacks the swipe up and down and other finger gestures to open apps. You also cannot save the layout once you customize it, compared to Nova. So for me, its a love/hate relationship

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Aviate has some flaws that I do not like. For example, it lacks the swipe up and down and other finger gestures to open apps. You also cannot save the layout once you customize it, compared to Nova. So for me, its a love/hate relationship

I hear you. At one point I got frustrated and set Nova up to basically look/feel like Aviate but it had more stability. it required a bunch of tinkering around with Zooper widgets and Nova to do it. Then I realized I'm tired of tinkering and went back to my phone's stock launcher and never looked back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci