LG G4 Group Messaging

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So on my G3, if i got a text sent to me and say 2 other people from 1 person, it would turn into a group messaging MMS. Then any text i send goes to all parties.

I cannot for the life of me find that in the G4. I can send a group text but the replies come individually. Which sucks because i dont know who is in the group.

Textra? lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use ChompSMS (made by the Textra guys) and there is an option under MMS settings that says "Use MMS for Group Messages". I would ensure this is set for your app (and if it doesn't have that I would suggest using a 3rd party one that does).

This fixed all my group message issues.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I use ChompSMS (made by the Textra guys) and there is an option under MMS settings that says "Use MMS for Group Messages". I would ensure this is set for your app (and if it doesn't have that I would suggest using a 3rd party one that does).

This fixed all my group message issues.

Yeah the G3 has the option (as does my old optimus g) but it's not anywhere in the G4. So sad lol

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Curious to see if this works ok on the G4 with Textra or Messenger(google) app. As soon as I get mine from ATT I will test. I generally use messenger.

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I was in Best Buy today and played with a G4. I couldn't find it (group messaging) in the MMS settings like the G3. I don't know which wireless version is was however.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I also am using lgh815, went to send a group message to my kids, replies came back individually... Using att sim card. No settings exist to change it. Anyone find out why???? Totally stupid!

Probably because some international carriers charge more for MMS than SMS, so the default is to use SMS even for group messages. Just switch to a different message app or maybe use Hangout?

TheLeR0yBr0wn

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I continue to have problems with receiving text messages on my G4. I've used Messenger, stock and Textra. Im getting frustrated with it

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc