My report on battery life so far

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I've only had this device a short time (28th) but I want to give a quick report out on the battery life. I have a Galaxy S6 Edge for comparison. My usage is moderate and I spend most of my SoT surfing the net on Chrome, sending text messages, listening to music, and I also have a few 15-20 minute phone calls per day.

On my S6 Edge I averaged about 3-3.5 hours SoT and this was done through toggling off many settings and features. I had turned off some location services, VoLTE, some wifi services, nfc, and really had to disable quite a bit to get to 3-3.5 hours SoT. I know others are claiming much higher usage but these are my stats. The standby drain was just really not that good. If I didn't use it at all and unplugged at 6am it would be at 50% by 6pm.

The G4 I'm averaging about 4.5-5 hours SoT so far. This is leaving everything on. Not toggling off any settings. I have disabled some of the bloat but I haven't messed with settings too much. All location services on etc... The standby is amazing. If I unplug at 6am it would probably be at 94% or more by 6pm. It only drains about 2-4% overnight. I don't know what LG does right or Samsung does wrong regarding standby but it's a very noticeable difference.

So far I'm very pleased.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
nice! So far im only getting 3hr45mins because of all my gaming, so if i can restrain myself one day i'd liek to see what kind of SOT i can really get lol

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Its like me 3 days in I'm averaging. 4 1/2 to 5+ which is awesome (but yet some still complain with this average)

Dont know why & it has quick charge

One cant really complain right 😜

Posted via the Android Central App

moysauce

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Weird. I have a Sprint G4 and the battery life is underwhelming. With almost 6 hours of usage on battery, i only got 2 hours left. Moderate use. Appears that GPS set to high accuracy totally drains this thing. I set it back to battery saver.
The device doesn't seem to automatically toggle for the apps that really need GPS high accuracy setting (i.e. Google Maps)

how do you find out the SOT on the device?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Settings, Management, Battery Usage, then touch Screen to open it.

moysauce

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I think that is a general android way to get SOT. My G4 is different. Battery usage screen just gives you usage on battery, estimated time to fully charge, and Last 3 h in use.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I think that is a general android way to get SOT. My G4 is different. Battery usage screen just gives you usage on battery, estimated time to fully charge, and Last 3 h in use.
But in your screenshot, where it says Battery Use Details, can't you scroll to reveal the breakdown of what has used the battery?

moysauce

May 18, 2010
Visit site
But in your screenshot, where it says Battery Use Details, can't you scroll to reveal the breakdown of what has used the battery?

Yep. It said Android system was using up 30 percent. You can tap on it and it will tell you the services that it was using. I didn't look closely but didn't find anything out of the ordinary.

After I restarted phone. The screen seems to take up the most battery. Which is expected.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I've got to say, my battery life has been spectacular so far compared to my S6. Granted I've only had the phone for a little over a day, but ice been off the charger since 8 am this morning and am still at 70% at about 3pm. This is with fairly heavy usage of the phone. Kudos to LG.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Took mine off the charger yesterday around 2pm. Plugged in the AT&T SIM. Now I haven't really used it much, but it hasn't been on the charger either. I've done several speed tests. Sent several Emails. Took some screen shots and some pictures. Made a few phone calls. Nothing major. Have yet to mess with any settings, so it's setup stock with everything turned on. I'm at 53% right now. I'd say that's pretty good.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
On my S6 Edge I averaged about 3-3.5 hours SoT and this was done through toggling off many settings and features.

You should never have to turn off standard features on a phone just to get 3-3.5 hours of SoT, which I am also averaging on my S6. I am highly suspicious of anyone who claims they get 5+ hours of SoT on the S6/S6 edge, especially with only a 2550/2600 mAh battery.

I'm really glad the G4 is doing so much better while allowing you to leave the standard features turned on.

moysauce

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've got to say, my battery life has been spectacular so far compared to my S6. Granted I've only had the phone for a little over a day, but ice been off the charger since 8 am this morning and am still at 70% at about 3pm. This is with fairly heavy usage of the phone. Kudos to LG.
Wth? How the hell are you achieving this? Carrier?