My report on battery life so far

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When you guys report 4 hours or more of Screen time what percent is your phone yet around the 4 hour mark. How much percent is left at that point? Less than 10?

Posted via the Android Central App

Last time I checked sot and battery.
I had sot of 4 hrs with battery about 20% left.
I was on WiFi's some of the time
I think 4 hrs sot was the best I have gotten on my G4.
The G4 gets me though the day easy, without having to charge,which works for me.

Edit
Forgot to add mines the H815 model

Last edited:

moysauce

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have my screen between 40% and 45% brightness. I get about 4 maybe 4 and half hours SOT. Here is my halfway through the day shot. My phone charges from 930 pm till about 1030 pm.

Why can't you just set it to auto brightness?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Last time I checked sot and battery.
I had sot of 4 hrs with battery about 20% left.
I was on WiFi's some of the time
I think 4 hrs sot was the best I have gotten on my G4.
The G4 gets me though the day easy, without having to charge,which works for me.

Edit
Forgot to add mines the H815 model

Oops! Yeah, you have the carrier free of mess model! How could you forget?!? lol! :p Mine (H815 model as well! ;)) is doing great! Haven't really checked my screen on time but I usually have more than 50% at the end of my day with my usage. Its been much better than my G3 but my G3 also got me through the day as well.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I think he is asking because you went from 90% to 80% with no history. It's almost like battle cry jumped with no history during that time.

That was the first thing that jumped out at me too. It shouldn't be losing or not reporting 10%. I'd go back to VZW and show them this. They should give you a new battery, or another phone.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand how you guys are getting such great battery life?!!? Although it is an improvement over the s3 I'm a bit disappointed. Thought I'd get at least 12 hours battery life. Think the longest I've had was about 10 hours.

Sent from my VS986

Also, I'm not using mine as my main device, because it's the International Version and will not work on Verizon's network. I'm on AT&T's GoPhone plan that only has 1.5GB each month. FOr this reason, I'm doing a lot of WiFi surfing and testing and very little 4G testing.

I still think I'd be comfortable going all day with it if it was my main carry phone.

gaddang2

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Why can't you just set it to auto brightness?

I tried it but it just seems the sweet spot for my eyes are between 40 and 45%. It works perfectly fine for me outdoors as well. My battery is doing fine, especially the amount of time I'm on my phone.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
nice! So far im only getting 3hr45mins because of all my gaming, so if i can restrain myself one day i'd liek to see what kind of SOT i can really get lol

Lol, I might be afraid to put games on my G4 then. I wonder what games work well for that screen

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Also, I'm not using mine as my main device, because it's the International Version and will not work on Verizon's network. I'm on AT&T's GoPhone plan that only has 1.5GB each month. FOr this reason, I'm doing a lot of WiFi surfing and testing and very little 4G testing.

I still think I'd be comfortable going all day with it if it was my main carry phone.

How's the att signal strength?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

gaddang2

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

I'm on Verizon. I'm getting decent battery life. Between 4 and 4 1/2 hours SOT. All the while maintaining a 40% brightness. I was in meetings all morning and after lunch. Didn't have much time to play with my phone today. Which is why I'm only at 78% more than halfway through my day.

Attachments

• 1307.jpg
    1307.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 121
  • 1309.jpg
    1309.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 122

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I've only had this device a short time (28th) but I want to give a quick report out on the battery life. I have a Galaxy S6 Edge for comparison. My usage is moderate and I spend most of my SoT surfing the net on Chrome, sending text messages, listening to music, and I also have a few 15-20 minute phone calls per day.

On my S6 Edge I averaged about 3-3.5 hours SoT and this was done through toggling off many settings and features. I had turned off some location services, VoLTE, some wifi services, nfc, and really had to disable quite a bit to get to 3-3.5 hours SoT. I know others are claiming much higher usage but these are my stats. The standby drain was just really not that good. If I didn't use it at all and unplugged at 6am it would be at 50% by 6pm.

The G4 I'm averaging about 4.5-5 hours SoT so far. This is leaving everything on. Not toggling off any settings. I have disabled some of the bloat but I haven't messed with settings too much. All location services on etc... The standby is amazing. If I unplug at 6am it would probably be at 94% or more by 6pm. It only drains about 2-4% overnight. I don't know what LG does right or Samsung does wrong regarding standby but it's a very noticeable difference.

So far I'm very pleased.

4.5-5 sot? That's around what I average on my S6 Edge. I feel good now.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
You should never have to turn off standard features on a phone just to get 3-3.5 hours of SoT, which I am also averaging on my S6. I am highly suspicious of anyone who claims they get 5+ hours of SoT on the S6/S6 edge, especially with only a 2550/2600 mAh battery.

I'm really glad the G4 is doing so much better while allowing you to leave the standard features turned on.

You may be suspicious, but that's what I get on my S6 Edge. I even posted a screen shot.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Here lately I've been getting right at 4 hours SOT on my AT&T S6.
Had my T-Mobile G4 since yesterday (2 full charges so far) and I've been coming in at just under 4 hours SOT. T-Mobile is great where I'm at and the reception is mostly in line with AT&T's here in Dallas (wideband and band 12 deployed. So, battery is not at all attributable to signal issues. Obviously need a few more days to form a conclusion but a little disappointed so far in terms of battery. There's alot I love about the G4. Going to be tough to decide between it and the S6

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
How's the att signal strength?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
For me on Att go phone plan( 4gb a month) my signal is pretty much same as Vzw Nexus 6.I been wanting to compair now i can.I havent went on my yearly road trips yet though .Good signal on each device except work.The shop has always been a bad location.

Sent from my LG-H815

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
And you turn no settings OFF and aren't just letting your screen sit there?

If I turned zero settings off on my S6 Edge I'd be lucky to get 2.5 hours SoT.

You don't have to believe it, but it is what it is. 4 to 5 hours sot. Settings the same as all my other Android devices. I've never let apps run rogue on any device.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams