Yes, it's an impressive device (if a bit hindered by the very very very bad LG UI, which reminds me of an older version of TouchWiz now) BUT this thing rocks!

No, literally. It rocks. As in it sways. I do a lot of typing on the phone while it's sitting on my desk, and yup, it rocks side to side as I type. Minor annoyance that can get pretty frustrating, so now I cant use SwiftKey's flow (yes, that Swype clone thing hehe) because the device will move a lot, so I have to either hold down the phone or pick it up and type 'normally'.

06-01-2015 02:21 PM
    Yes, it's an impressive device (if a bit hindered by the very very very bad LG UI, which reminds me of an older version of TouchWiz now) BUT this thing rocks!

No, literally. It rocks. As in it sways. I do a lot of typing on the phone while it's sitting on my desk, and yup, it rocks side to side as I type. Minor annoyance that can get pretty frustrating, so now I cant use SwiftKey's flow (yes, that Swype clone thing hehe) because the device will move a lot, so I have to either hold down the phone or pick it up and type 'normally'.

lol
    06-01-2015 02:24 PM
    Buy the G4 Desktop cradle only $19.99 on Amazon 😜😜😜😜

Seriously one knew it had a curve right? And one would have a basic grasp on physics? 😜😜😜

Posted via the Android Central App
    BBSeattle likes this.
    06-01-2015 02:32 PM
    I hear a lot of people mentioning this, and it's a little weird to me because I can't remember the last phone that I had that didn't rock. The worst of them being my current device (OG Moto X) and I don't even notice it anymore.
    06-01-2015 02:42 PM
    Note 4 doesn't 'rock'... it does move a little where the S-Pen fits in, but that's about it. This thing lifts up from the desk. And to Duncan's response.. yup. I knew the curved would cause it. I just didn't know it would throw me off so much.

Just like my other post, with the double tap? Now I try to double tap everything to wake haha
    BBSeattle likes this.
    06-01-2015 02:51 PM
    Someone in anti their thread mentioned using a bean bag from that outdoor bean bag toss game lol
    Jonneh likes this.
    06-01-2015 03:25 PM
    Yeah, that would help. Or a case, maybe. But then the point of the curved phone would be, well, pointless.
    06-02-2015 01:21 PM
    Who's typing on their phones while it's laying on the desk? If you're going to be doing that, buy a bluetooth keyboard. That's a lot of typing for a phone. At least in my opinion which counts for diddly.
    06-02-2015 02:19 PM
    I never said I type on it all the time. I'm working, doing anything else, and the phone is usually next to me on the desk. Interacting with it (and replying to messages) with one hand is usually the best way to go, which is why 'swiping' comes in handy, but the way the G4 rocks on a flat surface, even swiping becomes difficult.
    06-02-2015 03:13 PM
    Try bending the curve out of it 😜😜😜😜

06-02-2015 03:18 PM
    Hahaha... I'm sure someone will try to.

Another scenario that just proved tricky with the curve on flat surfaces: Knock Code. Yup. Phone nearly flew (OK, it didn't take flight, but it did lift from the desk) after tapping the edge.
    06-02-2015 03:21 PM

Another scenario that just proved tricky with the curve on flat surfaces: Knock Code. Yup. Phone nearly flew (OK, it didn't take flight, but it did lift from the desk) after tapping the edge.
    Your having a hard time with that damn curve lol 😜😜😜😜😜

06-02-2015 03:27 PM
    I am! Hahaha not used to having my devices jump off the desk pivoted by their bodies!
    06-02-2015 03:30 PM

You should sell it :-P
    06-02-2015 03:43 PM

You just don't know your own strength Spook .
    SpookDroid likes this.
    06-02-2015 03:47 PM
    You just don't know your own strength Spook .
    I gotta stop eating spinach! (thinking back, Spinach salads and roasted asparagus are my latest craze for the past couple months... mmmmm....)
    06-02-2015 03:48 PM
    You should sell it :-P
    Just because it rocks and I need to adjust my usage pattern? Yeah, I guess you're right haha but there's also 'good' on this phone to let it go that easily. No phone is perfect, after all.
    06-02-2015 03:49 PM

Want to stop the rocking?
    Want great protection for your precious G4?
    Get this case Amazon.com: LG G4 Case - Poetic [Revolution Series] - [Heavy Duty] [Dual Layer] Complete Protection Hybrid Case with Built-In Screen Protector for LG G4 (2015) Black [NOT Compatible with LEATHER LG G4] (3-Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Cell
    I got it and it doesn't rock at all, plus you will never worry about dropping your phone again.
    06-02-2015 04:04 PM
    Want to stop the rocking?
    Want great protection for your precious G4?
    Get this case Amazon.com: LG G4 Case - Poetic [Revolution Series] - [Heavy Duty] [Dual Layer] Complete Protection Hybrid Case with Built-In Screen Protector for LG G4 (2015) Black [NOT Compatible with LEATHER LG G4] (3-Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Cell
    I got it and it doesn't rock at all, plus you will never worry about dropping your phone again.
    Looks like a nice case but man is that bulky!
    SpookDroid likes this.
    06-02-2015 04:09 PM
    Now it won't rock, it will take up all the space in my desk hehehe (no, seriously, that thing looks bulky!)
    06-02-2015 05:15 PM
    Man, sounds like a lot of high class problems... LOL
    Just think, if this is this the worst it gets we may have a winner.
    Inders99 likes this.
    06-02-2015 05:25 PM
    Who's typing on their phones while it's laying on the desk? If you're going to be doing that, buy a bluetooth keyboard.
    I do...a lot, on whatever flat surface I can find. I work construction, use it all the time with construction calculator apps. I knew this was going to be a problem, my GS3 laid nice and flat, so does the S6 with a thin case. In fact it's actually a big deal to me and one of my first criteria when choosing a phone. If it gets on my nerves enough I'll dump it for the S6, but that's a ways off.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    06-02-2015 07:42 PM
    Looks like a nice case but man is that bulky!
    It actually still fits in my front pocket just perfect.
    06-03-2015 12:45 AM
    So far not noticing any real advantages or disadvantages to the "curve".
    I do not type on a flat service nor do I put the phone to my face (use an earpiece).
    I found that my G3 Seidio holster works with the G4 (without a case) so haven't had to go through the whole "find a holster, case, etc. combo that I like".
    I will probably get the leather back, tempered glass protector, camera lens protector and buy a quick circle case (pull the wireless charging parts and put them on the leather back)....and then I can call it a day.
    In fact I really didn't notice the curve, my pointed it out while I had it sitting on the kitchen counter.
    I guess I am too enamored with everything else....LOL
    06-03-2015 11:28 AM
    It actually still fits in my front pocket just perfect.
    Oh I bet -- I wasn't saying it wouldn't fit .. I just personally wouldn't want something that bulky when holding it.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    06-03-2015 12:00 PM