AT&T GoPhone not working on my Global G4

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
As the title says. Do I need to go see AT&T, or is there a setting I can check? I can dial 611, but can't dial any other number. I first plugged in the SIM into my iPhone 6+ and it worked fine, but after switching it to my LG G4, no good. I've rebooted several times to no avail.

AZbear

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
As the title says. Do I need to go see AT&T, or is there a setting I can check? I can dial 611, but can't dial any other number. I first plugged in the SIM into my iPhone 6+ and it worked fine, but after switching it to my LG G4, no good. I've rebooted several times to no avail.

One problem is that iPhone uses nano Sim and LG G4 uses micro Sim. So unless you are using a Sim adapter it is unlikely the nano Sim will work.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring it in to AT&T. Since the phone can dial a number, it's working, so the problem may be with your account setup.

(What AZbear said too :))

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Called them and found out it was an APN issue. (Yup. I have a SIM adaptor for the Nano. I ordered a Nano so I could test the iPhone and G4 together.)

When I first stuck the SIM card in, the only phone number I could call was 611. After setting up the APN, I can now use the phone and surf, so...

In case anyone else has an issue, here's what you need to do to fix it:

Settings/Mobile data/Menu(Top 3 dots)/Mobile Networks/Access point names/Menu again/New APN
Name: ATT Phone
APN: phone
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not Set
Username: Not Set
Password: Not Set
MMC: http:\\mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication Type: None
APN Type: default,mms,fupi,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Save, then select.
Lastly Reboot.
After the reboot, it should be working now.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Also, the AT&T guy did say they had to do something to my account on their end, so if setting up the APN still doesn't work, then you'll have to call them. Keep in mind, you're probably going to get the same message I got, "Sir (or ma'am if you're female) we don't support non-AT&T phones, but let's see if setting up an APN will work. If not, then the phone won't work on our network."

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Does it show LTE at the signal bars, or does it show 4G?

This is the International version. It only shows 4G. From what I've read, it still gets the LTEish speeds. I don't know that for sure though. I am getting 30-40 Mbps in the DFW metroplex. It's just that AT&T doesn't work well in Sanger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance