Lg Camera vs Dslr

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Seems like we are definitely heading in that direction.
I notice that we take the Canon less and less....just got back from camping and didn't even bother with DSLR.
I find the DSLR useful for distance and action, at this point that's about it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It's not so much the quality of phone cameras that makes them sometimes preferable to conventional cameras, as the light weight, portability, ease and speed of use, easy editing, and easy storage and access on the device. That takes some beating.

Posted via the Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing is the guys favorite picture (the helmet) looks way better to me from the DSLR. While I love the G4 camera I don't think it really compares to a DSLR. Just looking at the guys pictures with his DSLR and knowing what I can do with a DSLR, he wasn't trying his best to get the best picture (if that makes sense). So many adjustments that can be made on that DSLR to get better pictures, and I'm far from being a great photography. I know you can also adjust the G4 camera which he also did not do, but still don't think the two would be that close if both were used to their best ability.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Funny thing is the guys favorite picture (the helmet) looks way better to me from the DSLR. While I love the G4 camera I don't think it really compares to a DSLR. Just looking at the guys pictures with his DSLR and knowing what I can do with a DSLR, he wasn't trying his best to get the best picture (if that makes sense). So many adjustments that can be made on that DSLR to get better pictures, and I'm far from being a great photography. I know you can also adjust the G4 camera which he also did not do, but still don't think the two would be that close if both were used to their best ability.

I think it is that close as if you really think about what I'm typing (dont read it the wrong way) is that for a dslr alone your spending lets say £600 for a decent Cannon 5D M2, then there is the lenses, tripods, filters etc.

So I'm focusing on the price of the Dslr vs what optics are in a phone where the optic are the secondary purpose.

And the quality is superb it really is.

Will it ever come close to Dslr as i stated no it wont but you can pay upwards of £2000 for a lens alone.

So in that regard yeh its close lol

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I think it is that close as if you really think about what I'm typing (dont read it the wrong way) is that for a dslr alone your spending lets say £600 for a decent Cannon 5D M2, then there is the lenses, tripods, filters etc.

So I'm focusing on the price of the Dslr vs what optics are in a phone where the optic are the secondary purpose.

And the quality is superb it really is.

Will it ever come close to Dslr as i stated no it wont but you can pay upwards of £2000 for a lens alone.

So in that regard yeh its close lol

You can pay as much as you want for a DSLR and lens at up etc.. Or you can buy a really nice used one (I did for $300) that will still give you a lot to work with.

Like I said I love the G4 camera, but if you really do a real treat with all the cameras capabilities the DSLR will win hands down.

All that being said I hardly ever take my DSLR out anymore, just a hassle.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
A DSLR should always win but what I look at is how awesome phone cameras are becoming. It is nice we can have a good point and shoot for those moments we want to capture :).

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
You can pay as much as you want for a DSLR and lens at up etc.. Or you can buy a really nice used one (I did for $300) that will still give you a lot to work with.

Like I said I love the G4 camera, but if you really do a real treat with all the cameras capabilities the DSLR will win hands down.

All that being said I hardly ever take my DSLR out anymore, just a hassle.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Oh no one can argue or they will sound daft when they do...

That the DSLR is the superior but you will pay the price.

My mate spent thousands on the Camera, lenses, tripods, filters, cleaning stuffs, carrying gear, spirit levels, editing software etc...

But you can and it will be always with you a phone that can take exceptional shots in Jpeg and now dng (raw) well for me personally that's a winner 😀

As i don't have thousands to spend on the gear lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21