Methods of buying (AT&T)

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking to get this phone sooner rather than later and have been trying to find out which way would be the quickest method, I've called multiple at&t stores near me and have gotten different answers. Some say they should get some in this week, and some say next week. I've called my local best buy and they've said that they should have it by next week, and I also know that I can also pre-order it from the at&t website, but I want to get some opinions from people here.

If you already have the phone, which method did you use to get it as fast as you did? I figured going into the store and getting it would be fastest, but so far the stores have either been sold out already or have just not received any to sell yet. Anyway that I can get it this week is fine with me, I just don't want to wind up waiting more weeks if I can help it. My contract with at&t has been up for already a month now this week and I've been holding onto a phone that I just don't want to use anymore if I can help it.

Also if you have the phone already, how do you like it? I'm going from using Samsung phones for about 4 years to an LG for the first time. If I sound impatient it's because of how excited I am for this switch up.

jkimrey

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I ordered in the store on Sunday and it shipped today with an estimated delivery of Friday.

BTW - I took advantage of the deal with the LG Pad 8 F tablet for $.99 on two year agreement when purchased with the phone. I was able to take the tablet home Sunday and while I have only had it for a couple days I have been really happy with the tablet!

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
That's interesting, none of the people in the at&t stores that I've talked to have mentioned this offer. When I finally do find somewhere to buy the phone I'll keep that in mind.
Thanks

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I ordered in the store on Sunday and it shipped today with an estimated delivery of Friday.

BTW - I took advantage of the deal with the LG Pad 8 F tablet for $.99 on two year agreement when purchased with the phone. I was able to take the tablet home Sunday and while I have only had it for a couple days I have been really happy with the tablet!

Did you have to get data service for the tablet?

jkimrey

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting, none of the people in the at&t stores that I've talked to have mentioned this offer. When I finally do find somewhere to buy the phone I'll keep that in mind.
Thanks
The rep in the store I ordered the phone from said I was the first person to get the tablet so I don't think it is highly promoted. I preferred the deal over the BB gift card, and as I said earlier I am enjoying the tablet.

FYI -If you are upgrading on the phone (and not a new line of service) the ordering system online cannot handle the tablet deal (due to order limitations) - you have to go in store.

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
The rep in the store I ordered the phone from said I was the first person to get the tablet so I don't think it is highly promoted. I preferred the deal over the BB gift card, and as I said earlier I am enjoying the tablet.

FYI -If you are upgrading on the phone (and not a new line of service) the ordering system online cannot handle the tablet deal (due to order limitations) - you have to go in store.

Yes, you have to sign up for a two year contract. I am on a family share plan and it costs $10 extra a month and shares data with the other lines.

That's fine with me, I'd prefer to get it from the store if I can rather than online, I'm just waiting for a store to finally have them in stock. I already have a tablet myself but I'm on a family plan as well so I'll see if my parents are interested in it instead. The extra $10 isn't bad if it's going to be able to share the data plan, we usually have left over data every month anyways. Also yes I am upgrading my line, not starting a new one.