As the title says.
    LG are giving a spare battery with the phone. It'll probably mean most people carry one with them and swap batteries frequently.
    Does taking the back off that often affect the how well it clips back on again? Or is it not something I should be worried about.
    06-03-2015 08:05 AM
    As long as you dont keep ripping then off like i have seen sone people do, it will be fine, i prise mine off gently all the way round and never try to bend it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    As the title says.
    LG are giving a spare battery with the phone. It'll probably mean most people carry one with them and swap batteries frequently.
    Does taking the back off that often affect the how well it clips back on again? Or is it not something I should be worried about.
    I've never had any issues with this on any removable back. I use to remove my Note II back 4 or 5 times a day and more actually when flashing different roms... So I wouldn't worry about it

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8 till my LG g4 comes in.
    scuz likes this.
    06-03-2015 08:12 AM
    Not on lg g3..anker is better than OEM for what its worth

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    scuz likes this.
    06-03-2015 08:33 AM
    Thanks a lot.
    06-03-2015 09:27 AM
    I can't comment on the G4 directly but from past experience / devices .. I would say no. It doesn't mess with the back.
    06-03-2015 10:39 AM
    The G4 back is a little harder to take off than the G3 but shouldn't be an issue if you're careful. I've taken off the back of my G3 daily to swap batteries and never had a break issue
    06-03-2015 10:53 AM
    On a related note, how is the boot time on this thing when changing batteries? Can you avoid it rebooting by having it plugged in?
    06-03-2015 10:56 AM
    On a related note, how is the boot time on this thing when changing batteries? Can you avoid it rebooting by having it plugged in?
    Boot time is not as fast as the S6E which is ridiculously fast (but not slow either).

I was regular removal with the G3's back and it held up very well, so safe to assume the same will be applicable to the G4 😀

06-03-2015 11:00 AM
    As long as you dont keep ripping then off like i have seen sone people do, it will be fine, i prise mine off gently all the way round and never try to bend it.

GrooveRite likes this.
    06-03-2015 11:53 AM
    I notice I've been taking the back on and off this phone quite often. I haven't had a phone with a removable back in awhile. I switch back and forth between 3 phones now so I'm constantly swapping. I'm just wondering how durable this phone is with removing the back so often? And if something starts to break would it be the back or the connectors that the back snaps into in the actual phone? I'm worried I'm going to do some permanent damage.
    06-03-2015 03:15 PM
    I've had my LG OGP for 2 years and removed the back almost daily to change batteries. It still opens and closes just like it was brand new.
    06-03-2015 04:15 PM